Chapter Three

BIG TRIGGER WARNING: IF YOU ARE AT ALL SCARED OF HEIGHTS, OR MOUNTAINS, THIS WILL PRY TERRIFY YOU. ahem back to the story

"We're almost there!" Someone in front of them pointer out excitedly. It was true; you could see the castle. They were headed up a mountain, a path, or sorts? The wind blew in gently through the windows, filling the car with a light breeze. 

Higher and higher the car went, until the bottom of the mountain was but a speck in the distance. The land rose alongside the mountain, leaving some space between them and the ground?

Everyone was eagerly—or some, not so eagerly—waiting for the bus to get there.

To be judged.

But then it all went wrong.

~~~~

They probably didn't think much, moving the rock onto the path. They probably thought it would make for good decoration. 

Purity didn't think that a bus full of screaming teenagers falling off a cliff to their likely deaths would be first thing they had in mind.

Wishful thinking, Purity thought to herself, hearing another person scream 'WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!' into the abyss. Well, I guess we probably are.

Wishful thinking.

EMERGENCY PARACHUTES.

THOSE ARE FOR AIRPLANES. 

LAKES! "Amity! Ruby! Sapphire! Come on!" Purity looked out the window. A lake. Right there. She must have incredible luck! 

"What-" 

The door flung open suddenly. 

"Trust me!" Purity said, before jumping out.

"I trust you!" Amity said, jumping into the lake with Sapphire and Ruby close behind. 

IT'LL ALL BE OKAY.

The memories swirled in Purity's head.

Spinning, and spinning. 

He was back.

"Go away!" She shouted.

She ran, and ran, to the inside of her room, and locked the door.

"Make it stop.. make it stop.. make it stop.."

"It'll all be okay."

Purity was snapped back into the present by the sudden impact of the water.

Swimming... swimming...

The shore of the beach became near. Amity, Ruby, and Sapphire were waiting there. Amity's face was tear stricken and horrified. 

"Don't look behind you," Amity said painfully, and Purity cleverly decided to listen.

"We need to survive this," Sapphire said. "I wish we had less people."

"Yeah, why don't we just throw Amity in the lake?" Ruby said sarcastically. 

"Or we could throw you in the lake," Sapphire countered.

"Nobody's throwing anyone in the lake!" Purity shouted. "Explore the woods, make a camp, and survive until we can get back. Sapphire had the right idea," she started to say, before noticing the look on Ruby's face and adding "Minus the part about Ruby being thrown in the lake."

"We can do this!" Amity exclaimed, and with her enthusiasm, maybe they could.