✯ T w e n t y - S e v e n ✯

Journey's End (Part One)
2009
_______________________________

The sight that greeted Charlotte when she time travelled was a sight she had not expected to see in her entire life. She was inside the TARDIS as it burst into flames on the inside and the lights shattered. The ground was shaking wildly and there was no denying that the TARDIS was on its way out in minutes. Why Sophia had landed her in such a stupid location, she had no idea. The only thing she could look at with wide eyes was the naked body of the tenth Doctor.

"What...the fuck," she blurted out as she gripped the railings for support as another explosion occurred.

"Who are you?!" a redheaded woman cried. "A naked Doctor was enough for me!"

Charlotte burst into laughter despite the situation, glancing at the woman with crinkled eyes. "I know, right? I'm Charlotte, future companion of the Doctor!" she introduced. "Mind explaining what's happening?"

"The TARDIS doors just shut and another Doctor materialised from a detached hand! It's Donna, by the way!"

"Nice to meet you, Donna. That explains the naked Doctor then, doesn't it?" The whole situation was hilarious to Charlotte. She figured she had too much faith in Sophia or that she was just stunned by the fact that she had seen the Doctor naked. Either way, she was enjoying the ride.

The naked Doctor gripped the console and pressed a button as his face scrunched up in concentration. "So... there are two Doctors?" Charlotte asked Donna, to which the woman nodded erratically.

"One's enough!" she replied with a roll of her eyes.

"Chop, chop, ladies!" the naked Doctor exclaimed once the explosions had stopped and they had materialised out of whatever was destroying the TARDIS. "Gotta fix the poor TARDIS!"

"I'm...going to get you some clothes," Charlotte said slowly, hurrying down the hallway where every companion's bedroom was found. She found hers, although it was empty, which was to be expected. She made her way to the door labelled 'the Doctor' and entered, only to be taken aback by the numerous photos and decorations that littered the room. There were photos of a few of his companions during the breaks between adventures, but she could only recognise those that she had met. There were numerous objects decorating the quite lonely room also, all from different adventures with different companions.

Her eyes trailed to a photo taken of her when she was younger and she scrunched her face up, approaching the photo and holding the framed photo in her hand. It wasn't a photo that she saw him take, but instead a photo of her as an infant. She furrowed her eyebrows at the sight.

"What..." she muttered, turning the frame in her hands to look for anything else. She was under the pretence that the Doctor never travelled into the past to see her, so how he procured the photo was a surprise. She took the photo out of the frame for a closer look and on the back of the photo was a letter.

Dear Doctor,

I have a favour to ask of you. A big favour. It's our child, Charlotte. You don't know her, and I am unsure if you ever will until it's too late. So, I must ask this of you now. One day, she will be sought out by a dangerous species. You must find her on Earth. You must save her from herself or she will be the reason for the destruction of the universe itself. She had no one to guide her in the reality I saw but, with you by her side, I believe that the future can be changed. So, please. Save our daughter.