✯ S e v e n ✯

The Woman Who Fell To Earth (Part 3)
2018
______________________

"I'm gonna be in so much trouble if they find out I was there—" Yasmin panicked. The entire fam were in Yasmin's car and she was driving to the location where Ryan found something out of the ordinary.

"Can we have the lights and sirens on?" the Doctor asked, a giddy smile on her face. Charlotte giggled, adjusting herself on the Doctor's lap since there was no more space in the car for her.

"No! I shouldn't be doing any of this—"

The Doctor pouted before she turned to the back. "So, you three know each other?"

"I'm his Nan. Graham's my husband," Grace replied.

"Second husband," Ryan grumbled.

"And you two know each other," the Doctor said to Ryan and Yasmin.

"Yes, Yaz and I were at school together," Ryan said.

"And you're Charlotte's sister?" the Doctor asked Yasmin, who nodded. Charlotte just frowned; it felt odd to hear the Doctor say her name and not 'baubles'.

"Yeah, little sister," Yasmin said.

"You two look hardly anything alike."

"Half-sisters," Charlotte and Yasmin said at the same time. "But we don't like to say that," Charlotte added.

"And you say you just found it there, this thing," the Doctor said to Ryan.

"Er, yeah. Pretty much," Ryan replied, handing the Doctor his phone. "I took pictures."

"Good lad!" the Doctor praised, looking through the photos. "Wow. That's exciting. No, not exciting. What do I mean...worrying. Fast as you can, Yaz."

Yasmin sped up the car and the Doctor sniffed Charlotte's hair. "Why does your hair smell like gingerbread?"

"I tried to make gingerbread cookies, but it went quite wrong when my friend came along and I got ginger all stuck in my hair. I didn't have time to wash it," Charlotte explained with a sheepish smile and looked behind her to the Doctor, who was chuckling.
_______________________

Charlotte followed behind Yasmin and Ryan with her hand intertwined with the Doctor's.

"There's my bike," Ryan said, stopping at a tree and pointing his flashlight at the form of transport.

"Why's it in a tree?" the Doctor asked him.

"We were up top and I chucked it over—"

"He gets cross cos he can't ride it—" Graham interrupted.

"We were giving him lessons. He's got dyspraxia—it's a coordination disorder," Grace finished.

"Anyway! Enough about me!" Ryan said. "The tree...to the left so it should be..."

When he moved the flashlight to where the object should be, it wasn't there. The Doctor let go of Charlotte's hand and ran to the spot. The grass was all flattened in a circle.