Chapter 2: The Orphanage

(*sounds of typewriter click-clacking) It had been 2 years since Y/N was left at an orphanage in Westalis. Her life there was not very good. Every day, after a cold breakfast of a weird, tasteless, watery gruel, she was sent to the lab where the scientists would run painful, agonizing experiments on her. Then, when she came back, all battered up and bruised, with her head spinning, she was given a dinner of mashed potato, or if the workers at the orphanage were lazy, regular, uncooked potato, and was sent to bed. Y/N slept on the dusty floor like the rest of the orphans in a torn, empty flour sack as a sleeping bag.

Now that she was two, she looked like a poor, female replica of Damian. But no one noticed that, because the youngest Dezmond son wasn't too popular in the public- it was Demeterius who had all the fame. And even he wasn't heard of in the far West.

But if Y/N looked on the bright side, she did have something a lot of people didn't, she had her special ability to teleport to any possible physical place. She also had a best friend, Anya. Anya went through the same routine as her, and she had powers too. She could read minds. They were both connected in some psychotic way, and they could give each other singnals from places, and often had signal conversations like once in the lab (the underlined bits are Anya's signals):

"Whoa, Anya-chan, you won't believe what I saw!"

                                                                "Did Y/N teleport to the bad men's room and spy on them again?"

"Maybe~"

                                                                      "WAKU WAKU! TELL ANYA THE DIRT YOU GATHERED."

"OKAY, SO THEY'RE GIVING US THESE HORN- LIKE CLIPS."                                                                                 Oooookayyyy...? MAGICAL CLIPS!?"

"YES! THEY SAID WEARING THEM WON'T MAKE US DIZZY                      ANYMORE WHEN WE USE OUR POWERS!"

                                                                      "GREAT! Anya doesn't like getting dizzy."

"Me too. My clips are white, and Anya's are black."

Okay, so the story begins... NOW! (*ding of the typewriter finishing typing)

"Wake up, girl." gruffed the orphanage keeper, kicking Y/N's sleeping form through the flour sack she slept in. "Time to head to the lab."

Y/N's eyes fluttered open, and she sprung up. "NO GWAMMA DON'T KICK THE MAGIC CARPET PRETZEL-" ...until she figured out where she was. "Oh. Time for brekkie!" she gave a sinister grin at the yellow- toothed man who woke her up, something anyone was too scared to do, barring Anya and herself.

"Idiot girl." the man said, glaring at her. 'Heh, says the man who didn't notice the bugs I put in his coff-fee.'  Y/N thought with a mischievous grin. 'Muahahahahahahahaha! Me is so evil.' 

Y/N waddled over to Anya, who slept in a potato sack. "Rise and shine Anya- chan! Time for brekkie!" Anya woke with a start. "nOOOO THE PRETZWELS!!!!!!!! oh it's only a dream. Morning, Y/N." 

"QUIT BEING LAZY AND GET DOWNSTAIRS BEFORE THE OTHERS WAKE UP!" barked the orphanage keeper. One of the pros of being tested at the lab everyday was that Y/N and Anya got their own room, so that they didn't go and tell the other orphans about their lab life. Even if it meant sleeping in an attic filled with cobwebs and spiky objects stored there, used to abuse the kids when the inspectors weren't there.