Chapter 4: A Dream

Damian was running through a forest of giant candy canes and lollipops. A herd of cavemen who had his father's face were at his tail. He jumped into a dark, rocky cave and hid there till the coast was clear.

The cave, from inside, was pretty dull.

Ugh, the same lady again. She's been whispering words at random times for the past few weeks in his dreams...

Wait, then was this all a dream too? That must be why there's a nanny's face yelling at him to wake u-

"S-sir Dezmond, please, you m-must wake n-now!" stammered the poor nervous lady.

"...it's only 7 AM," Damian groaned. "Give me half an hour more."

"B-but Mr. Dezmond called you!" the nanny tried to explain. "M-m-master D-donovan Dezmond h-had stopped by b-but had to leave u-urgently and so I was told to t-tell you t-that..."

"Wait, Father came!?!?" Damian was a lot more energetic now. "And left me a message!?"

"Yes, sir Dezmond! He said you were to attend the prestigious Eden Academy starting three months from now!" The nanny had gained more confidence now.

"Eden...? I don't want to go," Damian snapped, now in a bad mood again. "Preschool was bad enough. I know a lot now, I don't need tHe PrEsTiGiOuS eDeN."

"S-s-sir but..."

"I'm not going."

The nanny helped Damian wash and dress up and, while showering him with compliments and words of worship, hoping buttering him up would help and he'd say something like "you know what I'll go to school for you, since you're so nice," but he was practically ignoring her.

"Go away, please, I want to have my breakfast in peace." Damian said, after swallowing his first bite of the platter of pancakes and fruit.

The nanny hurriedly scurried away to finish other work.

By the afternoon, Damian was being driven to one of his private apple orchards to read in nature. Jeeves had convinced him to go to school by then ("Sir, don't you want to be an imperial scholar like your brother? Your father would be tremendously pleased."), to the nanny's relief.

While reading a huge book on one of the many crystal clean benches, he caught sight of something peculiar. Two shrimpy girls, one with chestnut hair and the other with poofy pink hair in... hospital gowns(?) had appeared, literally out of nowhere. It's like they apparated, like in the Harry Potter books he read.

He blinked. They were now talking to some red haired lady.

What the hell?

How? Why? When? What? Was that purple dust flying around the pinkette's head!? What were those weird horn hairpins and why were they vibrating? These girls looked really suspicious.

No, they can't have teleported. That's stupid. He probably just didn't notice them come, and when he looked at looked like they teleported.

Ugh, why was he staring at them anyway!? Why did the pink haired girl interest him so much!? It's like she's an angel and just popped out of heaven to make him-

Nooooo! She's less than a commoner, judging by her state! It's just a little crush because she's decent looking, he'd never see her again. He'll forget about her soon.

Why did the other girl have the same eyes as him, just a lot more piercing? Why did she have the same hair color and bangs? Why did she... why did she... LOOK LIKE A FEMALE VERSION OF HIM???

'CALM DOWN, IDIOT! SHE'S NOT YOU FROM AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE IN WHICH YOU'RE A GIRL! IF SHE IS, THEN YOUR FUTURE FRIEND... WOULD HAVE PINK HAIR...'

Could that be possible!? Is he a fortune teller or something!?

A few seconds passed. Damian had never felt more stupid. He actually thought he was a Seer. And he'd been staring at two girls for a really long time. How stupid! How moronic!

(A/N: Damian wasn't close enough for Anya to hear his thoughts. Neither of the girls saw him either.)

Damian went back to reading with a red face. 'Dang, that sure was a time waster.'

I'M RLLY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING SOONER, ITS JUST SOME STUFF'S HAPPENED AND ITS NOT RLLY AFFECTED ME WELL. MY HOME LIFE IS KIND OF FALLING APART SLOWLY BUT I'LL BE FINE.

I may not update for a while because of the same reason. I'm just going through a rlly sad stage of my life.

Anyway, take care, eat loads, drink loads and smile loads. Don't forget ILY!