Chapter 3: Operation Strix

Sylvia's POV:

I was going on with my usual predictable schedule. Today was Monday, so I went to the bakery, the grocery and the park, managing to assign missions to two of the junior spies from WISE in between seemingly without getting noticed by anyone following me.

I'm on my way to the nice little coffee place now... and I'm walking on this particular street where I saw two little girls appear out of nowhere.

What I found hard to believe was that I didn't notice these girls walk in, with their strange horn accessories and oversized shirts that were the color of hospital gowns worn as dresses, they should've caught my eye easily. These girls obviously walked on the street for a while as it's a one-way and they were in the middle. Unless they apparated here... no, that's in the Harry Potter universe.

And there was something wrong about these girls. Those hair pins were definitely customized, so they obviously were expensive. So if they could afford such accessories, why were they wearing strange oversized shirts as dresses? Why were their shoes old- looking and scratched up? Why was their hair such a tangled mess? Why did they have all that gunk on their skin?

And, most importantly, why were they yelling, "WE ARE FREE! WE ARE OUT OF OUR CAGE NOW! WE ARE-"

"-coming with me!" I interrupted. I needed to see what had happened. They were showing body language of troubled kids, I see bruises littering their limbs, though they were apparently 'free' now. I needed to find out what's wrong, and see if there's some sort of gangsters' band or something who kidnapped or abused these two girls. Seeing that there was no adult around for them, and their horrible state, something similar to that should be what had happened.

Anya's POV:

The minute that lady called for us to go with her I scanned through her mind.

'So she's a Spy Handler!?!?', I thought. 'Does she think Anya and Y/N one one of those kids with bad, bad parents!? Anya'd better tell her we're not... but what if... what if Anya told her a Bondman story about us!? Maybe if I tell her a dar- mah- ticc story, she'll make us spies!'

And so a vision played in Anya's head:

'Anya: We ex- perh- telly escaped from the orfanage!

Sylvia: Wow, oh wow! I never met such wonderful spies in all my 80 years of being a handler! I'm making you and Y/N elite spies for a VERY important Bondman mission!

Anya and Y/N: WAKU WAKU!'

So I send Y/N a brain signal- "Y/N, play along with whatever I say. Our spy life is on the line."

No one's POV:

'Who... who is this lady!?' Y/N thought worriedly. 'She looks scary!!! Is she a kidnapper!?!!'

Anya on the other hand, was chill, and told the lady, "Okay, Anya and Y/N will go with you. I'm Anya and she's Y/N."

The lady claiming to be 'Sylvia' narrowed her eyes. 'Children never give in that easily. Even kids like them... they wouldn't easily trust a stranger. Have their parents not taught them to avoid strangers?' she thought.

"Uh, Anya and Y/N are orphans! So we don't have parents."  Anya quickly said. "Y/N managed to tel- er... escape with Anya! The orphanage was so bad, no one's been able to escape before US!" Anya boasted.

Y/N quickly nodded along with whatever Anya said, she heard her signal loud and clear. She was never this quiet, but she stayed with her mouth zipped and unzipped it only when she knew it was safe. HER SPY LIFE WAS ON STAKE!

"Oh? Are you sure it was a good idea to escape?" Sylvia asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah! They were sooooooo croo-el!! They beat kids up! But Anya and Y/N made sure to get rewenge! We put gutter water in the bad guy's wine!" Anya giggled evilly, while following Sylvia to a coffee shop with Y/N and sitting down at a table.

"And we put a dead rat in his toothbrush mug- but that's not important! We escaped, just like how Bondman escaped from the bad guy's lair! We went, whooosh! Kabam! And we were free! And-"

"Why are you wearing oversized shirts?" Sylvia asked. She knew it sounded rude, but, at that point the pinkhead was just blabbering.

"These are shirts?" Y/N asked, surprised. "I totally thought these were nightie- dress- gown- thingies!"

"Does that really make sense to you?" Sylvia asked.

"Hmm..." Y/N pondered. "Yup!"

Sylvia sighed. "Did the orphanage people give these shirts to you?"

No, the scientists gave those to them.

Anya thought for a minute, before nodding and saying, "Somefink like that, these are our best clothes, our normal clothes are made of leather sacks. The Orfah-nage man has fancypants clothes," while thinking, 'Anya can't let Red Spy Handler Lady know we're from a lab with weird powers.' Y/N weakly played along with what Anya said.

Sylvia nodded. "And what's the name of this orphanage?"
Anya quietly told her the name, and Sylvia nodded again. 'I thought so. That orphanage was always suspicious. I'll get them arrested by leading the SSS to that place, unannounced.'

Sylvia ordered her usual cappuccino and smoothies for Anya and Y/N.

'They've definitely got potential. If they're smart enough to escape an orphanage no one's escaped before, then helping Twilight with completing Strix would be easy for them. Wonder if they want to get adopted?'

"Hey, you both... I know someone who's a really nice man and wants twin daughters. Do you want to het adopted by him?"

"Yeah!" Anya cheered. "We wanna get adopted by Twi- I mean, the new dude!"

"Twi? Twi who?" Sylvia sharply asked.

"Oh u- um..." Anya fumbled.

Y/N knew she had to cover for Anya now. She started her own explanation. "Eheh, you see, the last person we got adopted by was named Twidonk. He was a really nice guy. But then he died and we went back to the orphanage."

Y/N pretended to be devastated. "W-we really miss Twifonk, y'know."

"Oh, I'm sorry. May... Twifonk... rest in peace." Sylvia said, trying not to sound amused by the ridiculous name. Anya tried stifling her laughter at Y/N's explanation, earninga stern 'I tried my best!' look from the said girl.

Sylvia sighed for the umpteenth time that day and sipped her cappuccino while watching the two girls goof around like dumbasses.

'Well, at least that's one job down for Twilight. All he needs now is a wife.'

WOW! ANOTHER CHAPTER! I ACTUALLY DIDN'T ABANDON WATTPAD! WHO KNEW I'D MAKE IT THIS FAR?? Anyway, I was gonna make Y/N and Anya meet Twilight in this chapter itself, but I'm dying under the pressure of the heavy amount of HW on my shoulders, so, until the next chapter, guys!