A woman must work

After a long time of travel, you finally made it to the King's Landing, the capital of six kingdoms, where you would be staying for some time, at least until the winter passed and allowed you to keep your journey. But for now, the exhausting trek, harsh weather and hard ground as the bed had for countless nights had made your body tired and your mind fatigued. You wanted nothing more than a feast, a hot bath, and a warm place to rest. After that, maybe find some work to do for golds as well.

You were a seamstress, just like your mother and father, and basically all your siblings did the same thing for life. What a boring tailor family, you mused while wandering along the street, carrying your only package on your shoulder, and searching for a shelter of an inn.

The sunbeam couldn't break through the heavy cloud, leaving everything on the landscape gloomy and dim, and the heavy snow covering the roof was gray and solid.

However, the town was still a vigorous place. There were so many people hustling and bustling around, kids played at the corner, hawkers cried for their goods, trying to sell something on their carts to men and women passing by, random men talked to each other beside the road, you were stunned by the view and slowly stopped moving your legs.

Standing in the middle of the road, you absorbed every activity around you with delights and excitement, not really paying attention to your surrounding, until some people looked like soldiers rushed through you with their swords bonding at their waist, the tip of one man's sword sleeve hit your calf brutally, causing you nearly dropped your luggage and yelped.

You shifted aside with a quick move of your feet and clutched tightly on your belonging to avoid them, breaths hitched while staring at them annoyedly. The rude people were all the same everywhere in the world, you thought and rubbed your flesh to ease the pain.

Rounding your ankles to make sure you didn't sprain them, you continued walking, paying more attention to things around you this time. Other than the accident, you still pretty much enjoyed your short time in the city. You and your family lived in a town in the north of the capital, maybe take a couple of months in walking speed. It was not really small, but definitely not as big as this grand capital. Luckily, you did have a sense of direction. Thanks to your love for traveling, you learned how to read maps, remember paths and trails, recognize stars, and how to properly ask others for directions.

The falling snow made your paces slow, the cold wind started to make your bare face skin itchy, and you desperately needed to rest. So you stopped by a random stand, and with a cheesy smile and your natural charm, you got the information of a tavern giving good bang for your buck from a farm woman selling apples. You bought one fruit in return for her kindness, humming a soft song while making your way to the said inn.

Having the last bite of the fruit, you stood before the building and observed it with your careful eyes. The house looked nice, at least the brick walls seemed solid, the wooden eaves were patched, and the smell of freshly baked bread and grilled meat made your stomach groan loudly.

You pushed open the door, instantly hugged by the atmosphere of the yellowish lit-up room, the warmness of the fireplace, and the sounds of shouting, laughing, yelling and toasting of drunk people. You smiled at the scene, the tavern was better than you could ever imagine.

"Hello, miss, how can I help you?" You quickly turned to the voice and looked at the one talking to you. It was a young woman, a girl to be precise, shorter than you, and had an energetic expression. You assumed she was one of the waitresses of this place.

"I want to have a standard room for a couple of nights, hot bath and some food would be wonderful." You offered a warm smile while pulling off the hoody.

Seamstress(BriennexFemalereader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें