Thoughts must share

Note: So, this chapter contains mild to heavy ANGST (I don't know everyone's scale, but it definitely has more than previous chapters), but in the end it is happy. I've warned you guys!

This chapter is a whole lot of things, enjoy!

Here's an advertisement for my other works. If you don't like angst, please consider checking my other two works about Lady Dimitrescu/reader and Captain Phasma/reader, they only have fluffy and smutty stuff!Also, I'm thinking about writing another story about Constable Miranda Hilmarson from Top of the lake(you will know I'm a simp of Gwen now), so if you have any ideas, please feel free to share, thank you!

At the end of this month, you had cleared three-quarters of the list Alina gave you, having only another round or two drinking sessions with the knight and the squire since the Lord commander was quite busy after the break, nothing special happened, and you just embraced everything the dear life gave you before taking the leave. Already stopped accepting new tailoring orders and gradually closed the old ones, you made sure to complete all the tasks before moving on to your new journey. But all about this was still hidden from Brienne, you simply didn't know how to bring it up.

Sighing deeply as if withdrawing every thread of breath out of your lungs, you put down the garment on the desk in front of you in your room, it was the gift to the tall blonde, and it was finally finished, you should be happy, but the heavy weight on your heart didn't ease, or rather, another pile of bricks was loaded on, sinking you further into the swamp of depression. Your heart burned in the yearning for her, screamed painfully for her, struggled fiercely for her, all of a sudden, it was too much.

Your forehead bumped against the table counter as you circled your arms around your head, muffling a silent cry in the fabric of your blanket. Of course, you carefully moved the garment of gift away from the place your tears were creating a pool, not a single soreness of your pathetic being could stain the clothes for the shining knight, no, you wouldn't allow it.

Some moments passed and you still buried your nose in your arm, pouring tears became gentle streams on your cheeks, your throat dried and your eyes hurt, yet you couldn't put yourself together, curling into a small ball with heartbroken, Brienne's figure haunted in your brain, every thought of her could crush your mind and broke your sanity, making you a total sobbing mess.

A soft knock on the door broke the silent room that was only filled with the breathy noises you made, you just curled even more on the stiff chair and hoped the interrupting one dismissed itself. The small sound of a click from the door knob signaled that the interrupter had turned into an intruder, and she did not hesitate to drop the thing she once held and rushed to hug you into her small form. The sweet smell of bread and food, as well as the young brisk voice, told you who the body belonged to.

"Oh my god Y/N! Sh sh, I've got you, you little poor thing." She pushed the locks stuck on your forehead away and rubbed your back up and down, patting your backside when you coughed due to the snot stuffing your airpipe.

The soothing patterns of her hand and her present provided some sort of distraction that slowly brought you back to sense, you wiped the last few drops of tears on your damp sleeve and turned in her embrace, burying your face into her shoulder and hugging her back tightly.

"It's good to have you here." You mumbled between breaths.

She let out a few chuckles and patted your back gently. "Dear, I'm always at your service, 24/7. Just call when you need me."

You snorted out a laugh and pulled back to look at her, she was pure bliss, you were honored to have her as your friend.

"Alina, thank you, you have no idea how thankful I am."