Communication must be mutual

Warning: this chapter contains some gender issues about not understanding homosexuality, bisexuality, or pansexuality, because their background is probably in medieval.

Note: Thanks for reading and leaving comments, love you guys! Things are going to wrap up in the next two chapters!

The show of newly falling-in-love couples was put on this evening, cast by you and Mike, with Alina cackling around at your stiff displaying of affectation, awkward expressions, mocky eyebrows raising, and playfully rolling of eyes behind Laura's back. Nonetheless, the show had earned the pleased eyes and broad smile of the mistress in the tavern. She was satisfied with her successful matching work, happily leaving you two alone and heading back to her domain of the kitchen.

You both let out loud sighs of relief and leaned back on the backrest of the chair, continuing your conversation about books and pastry making, as well as sharing the sweet stuffing pies that you bought on the market.

But good things never last long as the owner's wife kept poking her nose through the crack of the kitchen door to peek at you or coming back to the hall with drinks in hand, pretending that she wasn't just for checking on you, much to your annoyance for that you had to get back to action immediately.

Both you and Mike were not the kind of people who could act around all day, and both couldn't hold the show too long as the embarrassment continuously rushed through your bodies and wore you out significantly. So you agreed that the play should be long enough, and before any of you truly collapsed, he quickly dismissed himself, while you sighed relievedly and declaimed to turn back to your room, just in time before the social anxiety piling in your mind crushed you completely.

However, the tiredness and discomfort of acting so hard had still successfully laid their hand on you and got your spirit fatigued, you couldn't do anything after a long exhausted rest, only wishing to lay on the bed and make yourself an alive meet roll in the blanket.

Alina came to your room for checking on you in the early evening, she gasped at your living-dead state and rushed to bring you water and supper. She didn't question your well-being but just sat beside you, silently watching you slowly consume the food like a worm nibbling the leaf.

You knew she cared for you a lot. She was a real angel, you mused with appreciation, giving her a faint smile while she dangled her shorter legs and shrugged back. The fact was even solid after she gave you a piece of paper neatly written with Brienne's cursive, asking you out a couple of days later when she had a day off. Like being hit by lightning, the energy recharged into your body once you finish reading it, making your mood improve in a way that Alina could see even with the back of her head. She chuckled and pat your shoulder as you looked at her with sparkling eyes.

"Thank you, Alina, I don't know what I will do without you."

"You would die in the cold a few months ago. My friend." She was amused, grinning smugly.

"Maybe I will."

She groaned and slapped your back, "Shut the fuck up! Now don't miss the chance and get the Lord Commander, you lovesick woman!"

⧫⧫⧫

The next few days rolled past, and when you woke up in your bed, you realized this was the day Brienne and you were going to hang out. Or, if you were bold enough, you could call it a date. Hot blood rushed up to your cheeks at the thought, you couldn't help but squeal into your pillow. Brienne was going to spend all day with you! Butterflies had their party in your stomach, and you rather not think about if it was even true.

Jumping out of bed, you put on the clothes you had laid out on the table yesterday night. Even though you were a seamstress, your clothes were kept simple and functional without many decorations for the facility of traveling, but they were nice and clean, and that was enough to satisfy you.