Chapter 1

KEI SAITO JUMPED THROUGH THE train doors before they could close. She adjusted the backpack on her shoulders and held onto a metal pole as all the seats were full. The same homeless man as always taking up a whole row of seats every morning, getting annoyed looks from standing passengers.

She adjusted her red hoodie as she nervously looked around. She didn't like too many people, but that was just from her experiences. She just left her local train station and is heading to Alderaan. She shuffled her feet impatiently, yearning to get off the crowded train. Her used, black converse shoes rocking back and forth.

"Next stop, Alderaan Station." The intercom said and Kei practically leaped through the doors as they opened. She dashed through the train station. People gave her weird looks as her hair flowed slightly behind her from the wind. She ran across the road, nearly getting hit by a car as she exits the train station. The driver beeps their horn as Kei shouts an apology before vaulting over another car and running down the path.

She was going to be late for the field trip they had. Kei's class is going to Oscorp and they leave at 8:50, its 8:47 and she could see Aldera Junior High in the distance, a bus outside for the class to travel in. She sped up slightly, dodging people on the paths and skidded to a stop, panting as she made it to the bus.

"Why are you late, Ms Saito?" The teacher asked, an annoyed tone to his voice as her classmates snicker. The only one who didn't laugh was a fellow Quirkless kid, Izuku Midoriya. He gave her a sympathetic look before looking away. They know the quirkless kids were on their own in this school, or any school. It's every quirkless kid for themselves.

"My alarm.. didn't go off." Kei said, catching her breath and standing up straight. "Don't let it happen again." The teacher said, annoyed before ushering everyone on the bus. A shoulder hits hers, making her stumble slightly. "Move, quirkless shit." Katsuki Bakugou practically spat as he walked onto the bus.

Katsuki Bakugou. She hated that kid. He thinks he is all high and mighty because he has a powerful quirk. He's an arrogant little bastard who likes to bully the weak to make him feel more powerful. He's surrounded by people who praise him. Hell, even that Midoriya kid praises him and still likes him even though Bakugou doesn't even give him a second thought unless he's annoyed.

She got on the bus and tripped as an elongated finger was in front of her feet. She grunted as she hit the floor of the bus, everyone minus Midoriya was laughing — even that damn bus driver. She got up and dusted herself off, sending a discreet glare to the kid before making her way to the back, sitting down and putting her backpack down next to her.

She scrolls through Instagram on her phone, finding nothing better to do as they drive to Oscorp Industries. About 10 minutes later, the bus skids to a stop, sending Kei out of her thoughts. She grabs her backpack, dodging a foot which tried to trip her up and got out of the bus, pocketing her phone and shouldering her backpack.

She marvels at the building. It was huge, it must of had at least 100 floors. "Saito! Come on!" The teacher shouted as they were near the door. Kei snapped out of it and ran over, stopping behind her classmates. Luckily, she was tall so she could see the tour guide. She was a beautiful brown haired woman with green antlers on her head, she had yellow split eyes and wore a lab coat and had a clip board in her hand.

They walked through the buildings. Kei was practically drooling. This place was heaven on ground! All the high tech machines, all the lab equipment! How it was all laid out was just breathtaking to Kei's nerdy mind. "This is the Archanid exhibit." The tour guide said, waving her hand to a bunch of glass enclosures.

"This right here is our little pride and joy at Oscorp." She said, pointing to a slightly large archanid, which its legs tips glowed blue, the body a dark red. The engraving of 87 on the back of its abdomen. "The reason why it's Oscorps Pride and Joy, is because it's cross quirked with a multitude of quirks." She said and everyone lets out gasps of amazement.

"Any questions?" She asked and everyone wasn't doing anything. Kei shyly raised her hand. "Yes?" The tour guide asked, pointing to Kei. "If you mean a multitude of quirks.. does that mean you fused the archanid's DNA structure with that of a humans own quirk DNA structure..?" Kei asked and everyone looked at her confused, except the tour guide who looked impressed.

"Impressive." She said, raising an eyebrow with a smile as Kei blushed at the praise. "Yes, and Because of that, the arachnid's DNA structure fused with the structure of said quirk, inturn, giving the arachnid the quirk of the human that volunteered." she said, still smiling. "Or quirks for this instance." She finished as Kei nodded shyly.

"How many quirks does it have?" A random kid asked. "Another great question." The tour guide said, looking at them. "This little guy here has seven quirks, for example; enhanced strength, enhanced speed, enhanced reflexes, enhanced durability, enhanced agility, enhanced senses and finally, a fast healing factor." She said proudly.

Kei had wide eyes.. 7 QUIRKS..?! That's.. that's revolutionary! She quickly raised her hand. "If you gave quirks to a spider, could you also give a quirk to a human?" Kei quickly asked, "Even to a quirkless person? . . . hypothetically speaking, of course." She said that last part nervously, playing with the straps of her backpack.

"Another great question," She said, but frowned seconds later. "Unfortunately, no." Kei's hopes and dreams shattered after she said that. "Human trails aren't for another fifty or hundred years. Even this guy here took us ten years to perfect, and it still has some major problems, for example; if the spider is in a humid or hot place for more than two minutes, it will die." She said.

"We've had the displeasure of experiencing it first hand. That's why we implanted these fans you see here," she pointed to the fans that were attached to the rims of the glass container. "To keep the arachnid cool and nice, and also not letting it die a horrible death." She finished. Kei looked down in sadness. Damn, I thought I would get some sort of quirk in this life time..

The class snickered at her as she clenched her fists. They all started to walk away and Kei followed. The rest of the day, Kei was slightly sad but it was overruled by the enjoyment of being in Oscorp and looking at all the high tech equipment. Along the way back through Oscorp, they had to pass the Archanid exhibit.

Kei frowned slightly but continued walking. What she didn't notice, was a spider with glowing blue tips and a red body slowly crawling down a web, aiming for Kei's neck. When it landed, she didn't notice as she made it out of Oscorp and to the buses with everyone else. She sat at the back, dodging another foot and leaned her head against the window.

The bus drive to Aldera wasn't long, it was the end of the day and Kei walked out of the bus, heading to the train station. Suddenly, something hit the back of her neck and she grunted in pain, leaning against a fence as she swats the back of her neck. The same spider she saw at Oscorp falls to the ground. She widened her eyes and picked it up, putting it in her pocket before bolting to the train station.

She got onto the train and tapped her foot nervously as the train was moving to her stop. "Next stop, Shizuoka Prefecture." The intercom said and she got off, getting many looks from passengers on the train. Only rich people got off here, it's the Shizuoka Prefecture. She ran home, not stopping and burst through the door.

Her mother grinned at her. "My beautiful baby! How was school today?" Her mother asked, walking to her and giving her a hug as Kei took off her shoes. She gave her mother a hug. "Hi mom.." She mumbled against her moms shoulder. "It was cool! All the Oscorp Tech was awesome!" Kei grinned and her mother smiled.

"That's great honey. I made dinner! Do you want some?" Her mother asked as Kei felt dizzy and nauseous. "I-I'm alright thanks, just a bit sick. Some kid at school today was coughing on everyone." Kei frowned and her mother winced. "Get some sleep, maybe that will help." Her mother said, patting her back. Kei nodded.

"Y-yeah. I'll see you in the morning." Kei said, giving a kiss on the cheek to her mother who smiled. "Rest well sweetheart!" Her mother shouted after her, getting a muffled 'thank you!' back from Kei. Kei opened her door, throwing her backpack to the side as she quickly took off her hoodie, hanging it up and collapsing on her bed, letting sleep engulf her.