II. Drunk Confession (Jihyo)

Jihyo woke up feeling unwell and hungover. She looked at the side table and immediately recognized that the room belongs to her. She tried to sit and recover from the pounding in her head. She can't exactly remember how she got home but she knows that she was with you when she got wasted.

She went out of her bed and left her room as soon as she got a hold of herself. She hears a sound coming from her kitchen which leads her to that room and saw you facing back.

"Y/N? You're early today." 

You looked back in surprise and saw Jihyo who obviously got up. She walked to the counter and sat down while setting her hand on her head.

"Uhm, I didn't go home. I brought you back last night and stayed here, you're wasted, remember?"

She sighed as she realized now how she got home. You walked to her and gave her a cup of drink while you let her stir up.

"Ugh! I don't know what to do without you, Y/N." She said which made you smile.

But that is not what you are waiting for. That is not what you want to hear. All her words last night, those are the words you want to come out from her. Not because you wanted to hear it again but because you wanted to make sure she means it especially now that she's in her right state.

"So...last night."You started and sat across from her.

"Do you remember anything?" you asked as you looked at her, trying to get any reaction.

You expected her to be embarrassed or shy but that is not what happened. She looked at you confusedly. Then something hit her.

"Oh no, don't tell me I did something crazy?"

"Uhm...I guess?" You said unsurely.

"Well don't. I don't wanna remember it, Y/N. You know me, I'm not in the right state of mind when I'm drunk... but you did stop me, right?" She asked.

You didn't know how to react or to reply. You swallowed thickly as you just smiled at her.

"Yeah...Of course, I did," you said, trying to hide the fact that you were disappointed after you heard what she said.

Right, she's not in the right state of mind.

"That's why you're my best friend, you're the best."

"I swear that would be the last."

"Next time don't drink too much. You don't want to do things while you're not in the right state of mind, do you?" You said bitterly as you were about to tear apart.

Of course, you would. You love her, you hoped she meant it. Even knowing her already, you know thought she would mean it.

"I gotta go, I have things to do. I made you your breakfast. Text me if you need anything else." You said as you held your phone and started to walk out of the kitchen.

"Let me drive you—"

"It's okay. Just rest." You instantly said.

"Okay, take care, Y/N." 

You just smiled and walked out of the house feeling so broken. Maybe you assumed so much, maybe you hoped so much, but that is because you love her so much, and you can't blame anyone but the feelings who made you see things you shouldn't have.

________________________________

It's almost evening and you spent your time in your apartment the whole day after you went home from Jihyo's house. You didn't hear a word from her, not even a text or call. Probably faith is giving you a break from that pain you felt the moment Jihyo said she didn't mean what she told you last night. Well, she didn't say it directly but that is exactly what you understood.