25

Madison

Today's my nineteenth birthday and I'm surprised to say that there have already been quite a few highlights so far. I've slept in late, eaten cupcakes, woke up to balloons all over my room and even had breakfast in bed; provided through the courtesy of Aden.

It's now one o'clock in the afternoon and I'm still in bed and under the covers in my pyjamas. I don't plan on getting out of bed anytime soon either.

"Aren't you going to get up?" Aden yells from the kitchen before coming into my room and snuggling into bed next to me.

"I don't feel like getting up and I'm way too comfortable right now. Plus, we've got nowhere to be until tonight so staying in bed for the next few hours seems like the perfect plan." I tell her, sitting up against my headboard as I make myself more comfortable.

"Who did Lucas say was going tonight?" she asks, turning on her phone as she checks the messages on our group chat with the hockey boys.

"You, me, Kaishu and the boys. They proposed some food and drinks at Apollo so Jacob reserved a booth for seven."

"That's nice of them, is Isiah going to be there too?"

"Yeah, Lucas invited him," I sigh, not knowing what their interactions are going to be like. I'm really not in the mood for a birthday brawl, if I'm completely honest.

"That'll be interesting," she says, her eyebrows tilting upwards as she grabs a cupcake from the box of twelve.

Six of which we've already eaten.

"Mhm," I mumble as I shove the rest of my half eaten cupcake in my mouth.

"How are you and Lucas by the way? Since you guys have officially been together I mean."

"We're good, I think. I mean it's honestly just the same as it was when we first started hooking up. It always felt like somewhat of a relationship but we never classified it, you know? Now that we're actually together it feels more serious but it's still as fun as it was when we first met." I explain. It really doesn't feel so different from when we first met and that's what I love about our relationship, the excitement and fun that I feel when I'm with him.

He's become my best friend more than anything and I'm just happy that I found a sexy, strong, rich, handsome, hockey playing boyfriend in him too.

"I'm happy you're happy, Mads. I'm so glad you found him because I can tell how fucking happy he makes you, even though he pisses me off all the fucking time." she sighs in defeat, but then smiles at me when she sees me smiling at her.

"Thank you, I love you." I tell her, kissing her cheek obnoxiously as she tries to wriggle away from me.

"Stop it! Come on this next part is serious!" she yells, obviously wanting to say more and give me more advice on my relationship.

Not only does Aden love talking about other people's relationships, whether it's couples on tv or couples we see on the street, but she also loves giving relationship advice.

"Alright, alright, speak."

"Okay, so it's good that you guys are good, but what about his job and that situation? Have you talked about it?" she asks, grabbing the chocolate box from me as she looks for a different one.

"You already know all about his family and the job placement up in Toronto, but no, we haven't talked about it yet." I confess and shrug when she gives me that look.

"Are you going to?" she asks, popping two chocolate truffles into her mouth as she grabs another cupcake.

"Yeah I'll bring it up eventually, but I don't know when" I tell her honestly, not wanting to feel anxious about it.