|baby you are so cold| Y.JM 📕

Yoo Jimin from aespa (Karina)

"The hot and the cold are balanced out."

prompt - karina's personality is on the exact opposite side of the spectrum that you lie on. she doesn't understand you, you don't understand her, and the tension comes to a breaking point (idol!au)

a/n - hiii, i'll rant more at the end but just wanted to say sorry for the lack of updates. anyway, hope you guys enjoy this chapter! this story includes angst and fluff. also inspired by hot and cold by smtown, impeccable song, highly recommend.

~2966 words~

"Oh Aeri-ah~~ you look so pretty today, gimme a kiss!" Jimin puckers her lips and approaches with arms wide open as Aeri walks into the studio. 

The other girl's face scrunches up in disgust, "Jimin, calm down. Morning Y/N." She says smiling at the younger girl sitting on the couch. 

Y/N sends a small smile back and replies in a soft voice, "Morning unnie."

It was another lazy morning for the five members of aespa. Y/N browses through social media on the gray couch in the studio as the other two unnies roll around in the chairs by the soundboard and converse near her, waiting for the other two girls to arrive. She's seemingly occupied by the content playing on her phone but she is just trying to distract herself and look uninterested to the other girls, even as Ning and Minjeong come in as well. 

The four girls start to perform vocal warm-ups as Y/N continues to stay silent on her phone. It's unusual for the main vocalist of the group to be so quiet when it comes to a recording day for one of their songs, especially when she's in the studio. However, the girl's mind is completely clouded by the memory of her watching and listening to Jimin and Jaehyun talking to each other. 

Y/N recalls as she was waiting by the counter for her drink. The SM café had a selection of albums throughout to browse while enjoying your drink and Y/N watched as Jimin was trying to reach for an album on the higher shelf. Jaehyun had happened to pass by at the moment her unnie was struggling and she turned to him for help.

"Oh Jaehyun-oppa~~~ can you get this for me?" Jimin turned with a bounce in her step and a touch of cuteness in her voice. 

A disgusted sneer snuck up onto Y/N's face uncontrollably as the two older seniors exchanged a laugh in the distance. Jaehyun obliged like the gentleman he is and helped Jimin out, but Y/N felt like her heart was constricted, the hold on it tightening. As if on cue, her drink was ready and as quickly as it was put on the counter, she grabbed it and walked away, her body heated with jealousy. Unbeknownst to her, as Jaehyun walked away from Jimin, the girl watched as Y/N walked off. 

There was an unspoken, unacknowledged tension between the two girls. Everyone sensed it, everyone felt it, but no one dared to speak on it. The other girls of the group would just watch the two bicker (more like watch as Jimin would flirt with, borderline annoy, Y/N as the smaller girl would roll her eyes, the taller girl continuing to line her voice with cuteness and throw kisses) and interact, staying silent in the corner and sending each other looks and smirks, trying their best not to laugh. It was obvious the two girls had chemistry, so much tension you could physically feel it, but of course, the most oblivious were Y/N and Jimin.