Chapter 4: A Recurring Nightmare

Alright, another chapter. Let's goooo, though not going to lie, I'm kinda at a loss. Yk, writer's block? Like, I wanna make few chapters before the actual things begins. Sorta like a prequel to the events of the Wednesday show.

If you have any suggestions/ideas, hit me up. Though expect late replies, since I tend to sleep a lot during the day.

Peep the edit on the top. (I need temporary validation)

Key Points: Fatherhood, Responsibilities, Consequences, Love and Priorities

(F.R.C.L.P)

Let's start.

-----------------------------------------------

Spider-Man laid on the top of a building, his body indented into concrete roof. His ragged breathing prominent as he struggled to breathe, his suit was ripped to shreds. His blood puddled around his body; His hands shook as the pain started to overwhelm him.

With his view being upside down, seeing as he was laying on his back, he sees the bottled antidote holding the cure to a specific disease. The green substance sloshed as it rolled back and forth, Spider-Man inhaled deeply before trying to move, the searing pain shot around his body. His head started to hurt... he deducted several contusions, lacerations, broken bones... enough to ensure a normal man to live his life on a wheelchair, or death.

Spider-Man groans as he achingly drags himself alone the cracked and sharp concrete surface, his blood trailing behind him. Bare wounds lugs along, grime and small pieces of concrete stick into them. His ripped flesh grew more mangled, he grunts and yelps each time he moves. It was too much, even for him.

He couldn't afford to give up, to stop, even to get a second wind. The fate of New York was at stake here, he can't give up, he won't allow himself to.

Now a few feet away, he lets out a sigh of relief and hope, there's still a chance, he just needs to grab it and follow the plan. Then he heard it, that dreadful sound, the one that has always haunted his dreams.

A maniacal laugh pierces his ears, a feeling of anger and anxiety bubbles up in his chest. He hurries to the tube, ignoring his body 'screaming' at him to stop. Just as he reaches out, an orange razor bat pierces through his hand, penetrating through and embedding into the ground.

Spider-Man wails out in agony, only for a boot to dig into his back, silencing it. He clenches his scarlet painted teeth. "Argh" He struggles to shake off the force on top of him, as the fires behind him casts the shadow of the looming figure over him.

The hood of the individual swayed in the wind, as the terrifying villain cackles. "Did you really think you would win?" He stomps on Spider-Man's back, twisting his boot deeper onto the ever-so gaping wounds.

"Did you think we wouldn't know? That pathetic plan your 'team' came up with?" The monster steps onto Spider-Man's head, before grabbing the anti-serum. "Tch, tch, tch."

Spider-Man looks up at his foe, as the villain peered at the anti-serum. His orange-gloved hand grip tightens around it, the glass slowly began to crack under his strength.

"N-No.." Spider-Man wheezed, before the tube shattered into pieces with the green liquid trickling onto the floor. The beaten hero stared in disbelief, as the fragmented device falls in front of him. A mechanical whirl nears close, the villain cackles as he looks at the destruction around them.