Go Fetch

I met a young girl while on the job. Her hair was a pale blonde, and always curled to perfection. She wore pink, or salmon colours of dress or skirt seemingly every day without fail, and had bright, blinding blue eyes that could dig into your soul like cat claws making biscuits on your chest.

Despite girly appearance, she was a bit of a tomboy, young Susie. Every weekend she would come in and go straight to one of those new arcade thingies. I never liked those things- it felt like kids were forgetting how to be kids because of them, but I digress. She loved that one game, with the fruits. Fruity Maze, I believe it was called? Otherwise known as my life throughout high-school, haha.

I'm not sure why, but I was drawn to her. I'd put the Springbonnie suit on to perform quite often- it was one of the last slivers of joy I had in my bleak, violently depressing life that I now had. And while in character, I became good friends with Susie, hence how I know her name. I'd often find myself watching over her shoulder at how she played- entranced by her frantic button mashes and those crunchy noises that emanated from the machine. Technology these days was fascinating, even if it went into partially useless entertainment like this.

I had discovered quite a lot about the children that would regular this place, but never as much as I had discovered about Susie. She lived in the area, and came every Saturday virtually alone- her drunken mother sat at the table with the other mothers, neglecting their children as they played endlessly in the background. She had a nice home life, despite her strangely airheaded and disabled mom. They had a support dog, infact, called Biscuit. She told me she had named him herself. He was a golden retriever, and he was always around for family outings to warn the mother of her gluten levels rising or falling too high or low, to prevent her from fainting. He was a clever boy, she'd told me. Why, it was adorable how fondly she spoke of her dog. It almost made me wonder if maybe a loyal companion was what I needed- afterall, it was becoming quite the rumour that the presence of a domestic animal was good for you, as they could provide the serotonin boost needed for most to pull themselves away from depressive slums. However, pets require patience, and care, and effort, and time. I have all of that, except for the last. All my time must go into saving Evan. It simply must. 

I can't really remember what happened. I was driving home one day, after having performed as Spring Bonnie all day. I was exhausted from juggling and running around and playing with the kids, and I felt faint, and tired. My muscles were sore and achey and my clothes were damp with sweat- I felt gross and clammy, and my eyelids weren't co-operating with me. While driving I think I heard barking- barking, getting louder and louder until- I hit something.

The sudden jolt of my car and the feeling of something under my tires made me wake up almost instantly. In a panic and frantically unbuckled my seatbelt to go and see what it was- and to my horror, blood. Blood seeping out from under my tires. Thank goodness it was early Spring- it was dark by now, and almost no one was out. I looked under my car and on further inspection, my heart sank further. 

...Golden fur. Now soaked and stained in dark red. I recoiled- not at the dead dog, but of the memory- gold and red, gold and red, gold and red- a colour clash I could never forget- it would haunt me to my grave, no doubt. Oh Evan, oh dear sweet poor Evan-

After a moment of shaking, and traumatic flashback I managed to get a grip of myself to realise I had just run over and killed an entire dog. Dumbfounded and not knowing what else to do- I dragged its stiff corpse out from under the car, and hoisted the lifeless thing into the back of my car. I didn't know what else to do- I couldn't simply leave it there, could I? I was lucky there were no cameras or people around, because there was no way you could explain the scene and sound normal. But it was then, when I tucked the dog into the back of the car that I finally realised the coat it wore. This was a guide dog, meant to help those with disabilities and call out for help... 

Biscuit? Was that you? 

Well, some clever boy. He had run directly infront of my moving vehicle- and for what purpose? Why was he even out at this hour? Was his family around? Was Susie about? I couldn't let her see this- I just couldn't. This realisation and panic surged through me, and I hit the pedal hard- speeding off home where no one could see me. 

This is... Interesting.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Feb 26, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

FNAF CONSEQUENCES - Fallen From Graceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें