Chapter 2

It was quiet in the muggle world. A bit too quiet. He walks down the side path in silence. 

But maybe it was seeing Dumbledore that had done that. 

Honestly he'd seen the pictures and almost couldn't recognise the man from what he remembers. 

At the same time he's not surprised. He did inspire that change after all- in some form or another. 

He steps into the old house that sat alone on the lane of apartments. Unlocking it with a key he pushes inside to find the interior is well decorated and fresh. A slave is taking care of everything and Hadrian closes the door silently and watches the slave wipe the windows. 

It's not like he'd bought the slave- the guy had just been thrust onto his doorsteps and begged for him to take him in as a slave. He'd checked his memories and found them to be odd but he'd truly only needed a master. 

The vampire looked over his shoulder and blinks before turning and bowing. "My Lord." 

"Edwin." The vampires blonde hair has been cut short and red eyes looked everywhere but at him. He's not sure if the vampire can tell somehow he's not quite human. "Do not mind me." Edwin nods and returns to the window. He continues as if Hadrian isn't there and that's how it's been between the two of them- for years. 

He'd bought this place when he was eleven and had been three years since. Edwin had been placed on these steps half a year into his first year here and had barely left. 

Hadrian supplied him with his own blood when the vampire needed it. He's grateful. Edwin is always grateful. For a place to stay- for food and to be able to do things. He can watch tv and practice his arts when he's finished his chores and some days Edwin is strong enough to make eye contact- but otherwise when Edwin is clicked into his human side he's too scared to. 

He moves towards the kitchen, taking off his suit jacket and placing it on the chair and loosened his tie and undid his cuffs. 

It was routine that he should do that and move away and minutes later Edwin would take them to be washed. 

To get rid of the blood or the sweat and grime. 

Today it was just the latter. He stepped into his room and flicked on the light. Hedwig hooted from her fake tree that took up the whole corner. He gets changed into a clean black tank top and black pants. He didn't bother with shoes. He didn't plan on going out again. 

No. Seeing Reinhard- had hit him hard. 

Not only that but the look hadn't been one of recognition but the promise of cold death. He was a threat to Voldemort in this time too. 

He supposes the slight changes to his face he'd applied had not been spotted by Reinhard- however Albus had seen through the glamour. 

He had to help Albus do that- had to teach him to help defeat Grindelwald. 

So he's not half surprised. But he gets rid of the glamour and looks at his sharp features. 

He looks very different from the first run. How he's started to refer to his first life. 

He was taller, leaner and more muscular. But that also depended on certain factors in this life.  Like he'd been healthy when he'd someone had dropped him off at the train station. He'd left shortly after of course and been kidnapped a bit from there. He had no need to go through Hogwarts for the third time anyway so he didn't really mind. It only added one more to his already red hands. 

Instead he'd been investing in his Houses. The Ancient Noble House of Potter and the Ancient Noble House of Peverell. There was also another house called Sapphirus by right of conquest but he didn't worry too much about that one.