A Dare Is A Dare

"Who's jumping in first?" Mark looked down at the water, it was murky and you could only see about two inches deep before it was pitch black. Mark and Caleb both knew they didn't want to jump in the water. But, a dare is a dare, right? It was just a ten foot jump, they'd survive. Plus, it's just water.

Mark was about to back away when one of the boys who dared them to jump in pushed him off the cliff. Mark fell screaming, scared something might get him. All the boys just laughed and walked away, leaving him.

A few days later all of the boys were concerned, Mark hadn't been in school for three days. They all started thinking positive, he couldn't have died, right? After all, it was just a dare.

"Maybe he got a cold."

"Maybe he was just too scared to face us."

After a few weeks on Mark being absent they got really worried. They went back to the same pond they had dared him to jump in and asked one of the park rangers, "Is there anything dangerous in this water?"

"Oh yes, there are about a dozen gators. If anyone were to jump in there they'd be dead faster than a cheetah can run."

The boys looked at him wide eyed, they had just pushed their friend into a pond full of alligators.