Chapter 14

My lifeless baby blue orbs were entranced deeply in the dark amber pools of another. Surrounding the pools were grooves and mountains of olive landscape. I was so enchanted by this gorgeous creature. I never wanted to look away, but I knew I had to. Something wasn't right. I need to wake up

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I awoke to a steady, high pitched beeping. Snakelike tubes were attached to me everywhere. What was going on? Why am I here?

My last memory was jumping out the window of a hospital following the birth of the twins. It didn't feel like I had just given birth to twins though. How long has it been? 

As I began to become aware of my surroundings, I realized I was alone in the hospital room. I attempted to find a call button and had no luck. I gave up and decided to wait until someone appeared.

After around an hour, a nurse finally entered the room. She seemed shocked when she realized I was awake. I asked her every question that had come to my head.

"How long have I been like this?" I asked.

"A week," she said.

"How did I get here?"

"A man brought you in," she replied with a smile.

"He said you had passed out in a hallway. You've been out ever since."

My memory flooded back. My eyes began to tear up as I realized that nothing after I met him had actually happened. It was blessedly quiet in the room. The nurse stood there and watched the tears fall from my eyes.

"Has he visited at all? The man?" I asked.

"Oh, he visits everyday," she replied. "I have other duties to tend to. You won't be alone for long, the man normally shows up around this time."

"I'm here," said a voice that rang through the air. I looked over to see the most gorgeous man I could ever dream of