Waiting

-

Since Bokuto had knocked on Akaashi's door, they had been walking everyday together. Whether that be to school, in the halls, or just in general, it seemed like the two boys were always together.

-

"Can you two close up the gym today? I have to get home, have a test I need to study for." Konoha said, hauling his school bag onto his back. Akaashi glanced at Bokuto, who was already nodding vigorously. The more time he could spend with Akaashi, the better.

Akaashi agreed as well, setting his bag back down and beginning to take the net down.

-

The night seemed to drag on as Bokuto continued to talk, though Akaashi didn't mind. Though he wouldn't say it, he liked hearing Bokuto's voice.

When they'd finally finished, Akaashi slipped his bag on, preparing to leave. Bokuto was still in his volleyball gear.

"Agashki!" Bokuto waved a hand, though they were less than two feet away. Akaashi turned his head, hand still on the door handle.

"Yes, Bokuto-san?" His tone was a bit annoyed. Though their time alone had been nice, he was ready to leave. Bokuto noted Akaashi's tone.

"Could you wait for me? We can walk home together." Bokuto asked. The chances of Akaashi agreeing were low, but better trying than not at all. Akaashi glanced at him, sighing softly before stepping out of the locker room. Bokuto's shoulders slumped.

'He seemed annoyed.. It's not his fault, practice was tough today.'

Though he told himself this, he continued to sulk. Pulling his school bag on, gaze shifted to the ground, he turned the lights off to the locker room as he walked out. The door automatically locked behind him with a soft click. Bokuto heaved a deep sigh, making his slow trudge back home.

"You're quiet, Bokuto-san." The unexpected voice made him jump. Akaashi stood close to his side.

"Akaashi? Didn't you leave already?" Bokuto questioned. Akaashi tilted his head slightly, confused for two reasons, why Bokuto thought that and why he'd used his real name rather than a nickname.

"You asked me to stay, so I did." He stated, continuing to walk on. Bokuto stared at him, absolutely flabbergasted. A grin began pulling at the corners of his lips.

'He really is amazing...'

Akaashi turned around, sighing, exasperation lacing his tone. "Aren't you coming?"

Bokuto nodded quickly, running to catch up to him.

"Let's go!"

-