Chapter 17

Aaryn.

"Alright girls your music is on. Make this one count." Ms. Stokes said. I hate having practice at the crack of dawn but dance is my passion so I do what I have to do.

"1..3..5..7.." I am captain for the second year in a row so I call out the final counts then practice is over unless Ms. Stokes has something to say to us.

"Great job girls." I said encouraging my team after we had finished the pep rally routine.

"Go get cleaned up ladies." Ms. Stokes said so we were dismissed from practice.

I wiped down then stepped into my jeans then pulled my green spaghetti strap shirt over my head. I put on my complimentary plaid shirt and slid my feet in my timberlands. I let my hair out of the ponytail I had it in for practice and brushed it out in the locker room mirror. Some of the girls in there were talking about what they did over the weekend. That reminded me about how sour today is going to be. Just last week we had harmony and balance within our friendships but now nobody is how they used to be except me and King. My attitude towards the whole thing is just fuck it because if it is meant to be them it will get fixed and as for Alice she got saved by Xavier but he ain't here so if she step she better be prepared to fall. Once I was satisfied with how I was looking I walked out of the locker room after saying bye to my team.

"Took you long enough. You had me waiting out here for 3 hours." Johnny said leaning against the wall.

"Awh. Good morning hubby." I walked over to him and we kissed, more like made out but we didn't get explicit.

"Now that's how you say good morning." He said wrapping his arms around me.

"Were you really waiting a long time for me?"

"No I was just messing with you. I was only there for about 5 minutes."

"Oh okay."

"What's on your mind?" He asked reading my facial expression.

"The whole party issue is going to make this day sour as hell."

"What you mean?"

"King and Winter went at it at the party and King layed her out they ain't talking no more. Me and Winter not really talking either because she came at me sideways on Friday in the gym then her little friend came at me at the party so we aren't on the best terms. You know King and Derrick usually are all under each other but he took Winter's side when everything went down at the party so King dismissed him. Then August put Jayla and Alice out the party and that didn't sit to well with Winter and so she got bold and tried to come at August but the team shut her down so I guess her heart is broken now and they ain't talking anymore."

"Damn, I mean I knew about everything that went down except for Alice trying to come at you that was probably when I was in the bathroom because if I would have seen it she would have gotten dealt with. But I thought The 3 would have made up by now. You can't ever stay away from each other for that long so I figured everything would be fixed by today. You are practically like sisters so what's stopping you from making everything right?"

"You know King is stubborn so when something rubs her red she ain't trying hear about making amends and honestly that's how I'm feeling about Winter because she rubbed me hella red when I finally put the pieces together. The only reason she jumped fly with me in the gym was because them girls was in her ear about me and King. If we are The 3 and we are damn near sisters why would she be so quick to come at me? She could have simply called a 3 meeting and been like my old crew has me feeling a type a way, she didn't have to jump stupid. That's makes me question our friendship because if you can turn on me that quick we must not be friends like I think we are."

"I get where you coming from and you know I will always be on your side babe but I don't want to see a 4 year friendship go down the drain. You know what I'm saying."

He always says you know what I'm saying when he is trying to make a point.

"Yeah. I get it."

We walked down the hallway hand in hand I'm pretty sure news has got around that me and Johnny are exclusive and I don't care. He is my boyfriend and I'm not going to hide that. It was bound to happen anyway we have been saying we were going to get married for forever now.

"Johnny get off my girlfriend." King said pushing Johnny playfully.

"No way I had her first."

"You were cheating on me?" King said putting her hand over her heart and wiping imaginary tears.

"No. I would never. You know what we have is special." I said playing along.

"Aaryn!?!" Johnny gasped.

"Not like that babe. She means nothing to me." I explained.

"So I meant nothing to you when we woke up next to each other Saturday morning." King said crossing her arms.

"You what?" Johnny half yelled.

"I didn't do anything. You gotta beileve me baby. I didn't do anything." I said wrapping my arms around him.

"I thought we had something." She said walking away.

"No don't leave. I love you."

"I won't be played by you Aaryn. If you want her you can have her. I'm done with you." He walked off in the opposite direction.

"Wait!! Don't go. I love you too."

We all burst out laughing at the scene we caused in the hallway. They both came back to where I was standing.

"How you feeling King?" Johnny asked. I love that he gets along with people I kick it with. It just makes us a bigger and better family.

"I'm good Johnny. Life goes on you know."

"Yeah I feel you."

Derrick passed by looking like a lost puppy. He and King almost made eye contact before she smiled down at her ringing phone. His face fell even more if that was possible.

"I'll catch you later family. I have to get this." She said hugging me and dapping Johnny.

"Tell my future brother in-law I said hey." I called after her. I saw her smile at my words as she answered the phone. Leave it to King to answer the phone in the middle of the hallway.

"Your future brother in-law?" Johnny asked.

"Jamere, from the party. He is one of August's friends. He got my baby in love for the first time." I said placing my hand over my heart like a proud mama.

"Did you say King and love in the same sentence?"

"Yup. It's finally happened."

"Wow. I never thought I would see the day. You know how many dudes be trying to get at King on the daily and she doesn't even look at them twice? Even when I'm in the locker room with the team I hear them talking about her. Now she has somebody. I know when people find out there are going to be some broken hearts out there."

"I'm just happy she isn't alone. I have you and she not messing with Winter and Derrick so I thought she was going to be by herself."

"She is definitely good. If he got her answering the phone in the middle of the hallway and smiling he is the one. Let's get to class lil mamma we will be late standing here like the bell didn't ring."

"The bell didn't ring." I said sure of myself.

"Uh yes it did like 2 minutes ago when we were over here having a soap opera moment."

"Oh. Let's go before we are late."

We walked together for a little bit then kissed and split off to go to our different classes. Just before I went in my class I saw Derrick and Winter talking. I think that's funny because just Friday morning she was coming at him sideways then he was on her side Friday night at the party. I don't know what's going on with them but I want to know. I'm not going to worry about them though. I have what I need, Johnny who is a good boyfriend and King who is a loyal ass friend. Forget the rest of the bull.