Chapter 52

King.

It's so good to be home with all my family. I can admit I was avoiding Skylar at first, I have a good reason. Only a few people know and I plan to keep it that way until I'm ready.

As soon as Jacqueline walked in the door my whole mood changed. I just got back I don't want to have to deal with her bull.

"Come sit with your favorite brother my scrumptious banana pudding."

"You don't have to tell me twice. I'll go put him up first. I don't want to have any problems. Come on bodyguard, you were going to follow me anyway."

I scooped up Dude and Derrick and I went up stairs.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm good. I look like something is wrong?"

"When you were holding Skylar."

"Oh, I'm fine. It just makes me think. Maybe I made the wrong decision."

"King I-"

"Let's not talk about it Derrick. There is nothing we can do about it now."

"I feel like this is my fault. Like I'm a bad person because of this."

"It's okay Derrick. Be a good parent to your daughter. That's all there is to do."

"But we could hav-"

"Derrick. Please. Let's just leave the past in the past."

Putting Dude in my room I cut the conversation short and left going back down stairs.

I went and cuddled up on Mike Mike's lap. Jane was in my seat anyway.

"Awh, who knew King was a big baby."

"Mama Arianna!"

"I'm just saying."

Skylar started crying so I grabbed her out of her seat.

"No crying, Auntie to the rescue. Let me see that beautiful smile Amari."

"A-who?"

"Amari, Ah-ma-re. It is a term of endearment. Like sweetheart or honey. It means loved one." I explained.

"That's not fair. Your nickname can't be in another language. You cheated, I win by default."

"Don't be a sore loser A. I told you your nickname sucked."

"Yeah yeah whatever."

"Since everyone is here Prince and I have some news."

Here we go. Everything has to be about her, all attention on Julie.

"I thought we were going to wait Jasmine."

"I know but I'm just ready for them to know."

"What's the news?" Queen asked.

"Prince and I, are having a baby!"

"Woah! How you going to get it out of there bro? Probably through the bellybutton huh?" Jai said rubbing Prince's stomach and laughing.

Everybody gasped and said their congratulations. I just sat there with Amari, that is her new name now. Skylar is just a backup name. I was mad that Jillian always has to make everything about her. Clearly Prince wanted to wait and tell us but she just couldn't stand for somebody else to have the spot light, not even a baby. It's like everything is a competition and she always has to win. When Jai and I told the family about recording in Atlanta she says Beyoncé is her cousin. The family got together for the family reunion they decide to get engaged. My first performance comes up but the main focus is the "most fabulous wedding of the century". There is a new baby in the family and now she is pregnant. When will she quit? Not everything has to be about her.