CHAPTER SEVEN, arrogant superhero & a super villain

When Devyn and Freddy found Billy the next day, he was in the city, showing off his lightning powers to small crowd around him and Devyn rolled her eyes when she realized he was doing it to the beat of the song Eye of the Tiger. 

"Hey! Hey!" Freddy called out, trying to get Billy's attention as he and Devyn walked up to him. 

"Hey, young man," Billy greets, his eyes widening when Freddy kicked the speaker Billy had to the side which stopped the music from playing. "Woah, woah, woah! What are you doing? I'm in the middle of a show right now." 

"Yeah, 'cause that's what a hero does." Devyn sarcastically said.

"Just wanted to say thank you for showing up to lunch today." Freddy told Billy.

Billy grimaces. "Yeah," Freddy nods. "I got a little something called a, uh, a suitcase wedgie. Right. I don't know if you heard of it, but it's when someone grabs your underwear like that an hold you like a suitcase and walks you down the hallway. " He pulls out underwear from his pocket. "And this was my underwear." He glared at Billy, throwing his underwear at him. 

Billy flinches a bit when he got hit and looks at Freddy with a glare. "Gross."

Freddy looks at him with hurt. "You said you'd come."

"Yeah, Skyvolt also promised to eat lunch with you, but I bet you she didn't." Billy told himl.

"She didn't, but she showed up just in time to scare off the bullies." Freddy explained.

"Thanks to her he won't get bullied ever again." Devyn smiled in victory, remembering the scared looks on the Breyer's faces when she threatened them that if they didn't act nice with Freddy she would shoot them with a lightening bolt.

"That's great and all, but you said I would come, I never said-" Billy stops himself in the middle of his sentence, looking like he was frustrated with Freddy. He raises his arms up in a superhero pose. "I'm a superhero, dude. "

"Well, you're acting real heroic." Freddy sarcastically compliments. He glances at the crowd of people. "How much people paying you today?" 

"Listen, I have serious responsibilities now, okay?" Billy smiles. "But that's cool because I can carry that burden with my hands." He shoots a lightening bolt with both hands up to the sky and continues to do it to the beat of the Eye of the Tiger. "Lightening with my hands."

Devyn jumps, startled when one lightening bolt shot at a bus driving on a nearby bridge. The crowd gasps, watching with wide eyes. Devyn looks back at Billy with a scoff. "Great job, Captain Sparkle Fingers." 

The bus driver lost control since the back wheel was now flat. Then the bus went through the edge and Devyn was relieved it got caught on wires. She quickly ran to hide behind a nearby building, pressing the top of her watch to switch to her sidekick self. She then flew towards the bridge, hearing more gasps from the crowd when they spot her and heard some of them exclaim excitedly, 'it's skyvolt'.

"Can't believe I have to fix his mistakes." Devyn grumbled as she used her telekensis to keep the bus from falling when it began to slide forward. 

"Don't worry, I'm here!" Billy exclaimed, startling Devyn which made her lose focus and caused the bus to keep sliding forward to its doom.  

Devyn glares at him. "Dude!" 

Billy apologetically smiles. "Sorry!" 

Devyn and Billy look back at the bus when they heard a thud and they both wince when they saw a guy had fell to the front of the bus which made the window began to break. "Ohh. Oh, that looked like it hurt." Billy grimaced and Devyn nodded in agreement. Devyn noticed that most of the passengers on the bus were now hanging onto something in the bus was almost off the wires that was holding it up.