CHAPTER FIVE, pranks & testing powers

At school the next day, Freddy thought it'd be great if they pranked Berke and Brett. Which is why Billy was in Shazam form, waiting for his cue. The Breyer brothers got out of their truck and began walking up to the school. That was when Billy sneakily flew down since he had been hovering out of sight and he picked up the truck. 

The Breyer brothers turned around when they heard a thud, staring at the empty place their truck used to be with confusion on their faces.

"Uh, Berke," Brett said, glancing around with confusion. "Where's the truck?" 

Berke gets the keys out of his pocket and presses the lock button. The brothers look down the road to their left and then to their right as they heard the car, but didn't see it. "I can hear it." Berke replied, glancing at Brett with furrowed eyebrows. He and his brother kept looking around for their truck.

Meanwhile, from her hiding place with Freddy, Devyn gave Billy the signal to drop the truck he held. The brothers both jumped, startled when suddenly the truck fell from the sky. It landed roughly on the ground and it was not in good shape. Smoke came out from the car and the horn kept going off. 

"The truck!" Berke shouted worriedly. Students who were outside the school were now watching what was happening. Some looked shocked and others looked amused, all of them talking amongst themselves about what just happened. Some students even recorded the scene on their phones. 

Brett hands were on the back of his head and a look of shock is on his face. "Are you kidding?"

From her hiding pace with Freddy, Devyn looks above at Billy and she grins at him, giving her a thumbs up. Billy grins back at her and gave her two thumbs up before he flew away to turn back to his normal self. Devyn and Freddy then walked over to the Breyer brothers. Freddy had a GoPro on his helmet, recording everything. Devyn had her arms crossed, glancing at the ruined truck with fake sympathy on her face. 

"Huh, that's real unfortunate." She sarcastically commented, earning a glare from the brothers and in return she just smiled sweetly at them.

"You know, guys," Freddy says, glancing at the brothers. "I don't think that's gonna buff out." 

****

Devyn and Billy waited in the hallway for Freddy. He was in the teachers lounge, getting a trench coat. Freddy threw the trench coat at Billy, looking at him and Devyn with disbelief. "Making the crippled kid do all the dirty work, wow."

"Devyn and I are better look outs!" Billy defends himself and Devyn. "We can play innocent."

"And I can't?" Freddy asked incredulously, gesturing to himself.

"I mean, you can," Devyn nods with a sheepish expression on her face. "But people would still think you're suspicious."

Freddy rolls his eyes. "Why would they think a crippled kid is suspicious?" 

"Your face gives off a very strong vibe of someone who's hatching schemes." Billy responded. Devyn nodded, pointing at him in a sign of agreement. 

"M-My face? This face?" Freddy asked with confusion, pointing at his face.

"Yeah." Billy nodded. 

"Okay." Freddy shook his head and the trio continued walking down the hallway. The three of them acted natural as they walked past the security guard, trying to make it to the exit without being caught.

"You kids got a hall pass?" The security guard called out to them, causing them to stop and turn around to face him.

"Oh, us? Yeah. Always." Freddy smiled.