Chapter 1

Aurelia

This wintry weather has been cold, tough, and long. All I have done is journey around pack to pack attempting to find a male, not just any male, of course, my mate. I am not the kind of female that cares a great deal for men. I revel in my personal space, however , it is forced upon me to find him or marry the devil himself, Kaden he is a man with a dirty past. He killed a lot of werewolves as he once was a rogue of an Alpha, his pack attacked and him losing his mate set him to be a monster he was and killing everything that he came across. There were whispers about how dangerous and uncontrollable he was. This man was followed by darkness, he broke anything that had light.

Kaden came to my father and proposed marriage, as he was so convinced that my mate had died like his. Who would fucken believe that if not for my old father who wanted nothing but to retire and hand over his position to me. I couldn't blame him as I was the only child, a female child and my father wanted a son to lead his people, so I became that son. I was trained forcefully. Nothing was easy for me because in a world of Alpha's nothing was easy, you see, my father knew too well that as a female child, I would be seen as a weakness, but he was shrewd as he turned me into his greatest weapon, and I was more than a son to him. I Alongside with my father, I fought many wars, we killed what challenged us and made sure to set an example that we are fearless we can go to any length to protect what is ours. I am well known for the number of men I have slaughtered and Kaden loved if he felt we were the same, but he was totally mistaken. I killed with purpose, and he simply killed as a means for sport. There was a darkness indeed in me, A side that I simply feared myself and every time I killed it emerged, but with the bits of humanity in me, I controlled it.

Everyone was losing the hopes of me finding my mate, it was becoming harder to have hope that he was out there. Long as I have searched for him in every pack we came across, and I still could not find him. I was returning home without him again, and I knew how tiring this was, the same conversation and yet still empty. My wolf was had hope that we would find him. I was desperately seeking for him and in desperate time nothing came to you easy and I knew well.

“Lia you will find him …or her.”Asher had a death wish, I knew many men were frightened of me and I liked that because I was only approachable to real men, a real warriors and with true power.

“it's not a she like men okay real men Asher and fuck off" he could not stop cracking up, I simply walked faster. Most of the unmated males simply laid with any she-wolf that was unmated and this was disgusting to me as they could not even control their sexual desires and I saw weakness in many men.

“okay okay Lia but we only left with one pack that will go search if his not there, what do we do?”he was right, I had never thought of that, this was fucken strain up my ass ." I will not think of that right now ." if there's a slightest chance he was there, than I had to take it. Asher nodded as he understood what I meant, he is my best friend the only person who understands me.

We entered our pack lands, it was warm children running around playfully, everyone loved and appreciated one another. This is home the feeling of being home settle over me like a warm blanket. Asher headed over his mate Rose picking her up and kissing her, I couldn't stop but stare at them, I did not understand to why they were always glued to each other I couldn't do that now and I knew very little when it came to love.I could see my mother rushing towards me, she pulled me to her kissing my forehead and hugging me tightly .

"oh I've missed you Aurelia." I simply hugged her back and looking at my father seeing how disappointed he was I pulled his hand and held it in mine.
" you did not find your mate Aurelia ?"
He was not happy one bit and I nodded as we sat down I knew what he was going to say to me it was exactly what he said each and every time we got back empty handed. This was starting to make me lose hope.

"Aurelia you are a leader and you need your mate to lead this pack with power so your people don't doubt your ability to lead. You are a female you know what other packs will take this as weakness but with the help of Kaden nobody would dare challenge you and together you would lead my people." His name alone made me angry. " what about his reputation father have you forgotten. Father you trained me and I can protect myself very well." I was giving him excuses right now I knew I wasn't too big at talks he would win here.

"I know you can protect yourself very well but an enemy coming at you won't strike directly at you but to what is most valuable to which is your pack and that is a pain that can kill you.
i will give this last journey if you come back without your mate you will marry Kaden wether you like it or not." I need to put this issue to bed right now I looked at my mother as she shook her head at my father."Aurelia you'll find him don't let your father discourage you, his out there probably looking for you too." She knew how to cool me down but I needed to take a cold shower as I burned with anger. " am off to my room ." I stood up and left them to argue about this themselves .

Walking into my bedroom it looked too colourless as everything was either grey or black, taking off my boots I sat on my bed and was I even capable of love? Would I even be able to satisfy a mate, I simply did not love anything I was just as dull as the colour of my room grey and bitter black. I took of my clothes and entered the washroom, jumped in the shower I let the cold water on my skin and we were hot blooded animals cold water did the trick. All my thoughts went to why couldn't I find him was lava Pack his pack I knew the alpha was young and not mated as yet could it be him. I am of alpha blood so my mate had to be an alpha or beta. I did not know much about the Lava Pack either than that it was a small pack led by a young alpha. I simply needed to ease my thoughts and I closed the water , started wiping my body and went to dress myself with fatigue color sweat pants, tank top and threw oversize sweat top.

Walking back down stairs I could hear my mom arguing with dad, they did that all the time and I would never get involved as I would turned to be in the wrong every time I got involved so now I simply watch them guess it's true what they say never get involved in a lovers quarrel never ends well. To my surprise Kaden was here and I knew he was coming to check if I found my mate, he knew too well I was running out of time.

"Aurelia look who came to visit us." my father spoke excited about Kaden being here."why are you here Kaden?"He got looking very unpleased with my tone and my mother smacked me in the back for speaking."You better watch how you speak Aurelia I need not to remind you who I am." He was warning me and I knew very well that Alpha's had a temper and we all did but my father said the secret was in controlling that temper as it could serve as your downfall and right now it was amusing how I saw to use Kaden's temper against him."Do you always make it a habit to visit people at this hour Kaden?"A growl left his throat as he had his hands in his pockets, I could see him fighting the urge to make me submit in respect.

"Aurelia would you stop this now!!!" my father commanded me I wanted to reveal the beast we had in our kitchen but there was always a next time.

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter,
Please don't forget to vote and comment .
Thank you❤️