Chapter 7

"Are all of you ready?" I asked the goblins.

"Yes Asura-sama!" All the goblins said in unison.

I nodded to them before turning his attention to Rimuru who is beside me. After the two of us decided to help the village, we helped the village to fortify themselves with fences made of sticks and also made some bows and arrows. It was becoming night but we had managed to create a good fence and readied bows and arrows.

Night fell as the stars appeared in the sky as we got ready. And then the awaited thing happened as the sound of wolves howling can be heard as the goblins became scared. Me and Rimuru shared a glance as they watched as a group of Direwolves appeared and one particular Direwolf came forward which has a scar on its face.

Looks like that's their leader. Maybe if we were able to defeat him then the other wolves will admit defeat as well.

"Hmph! So you pitiful goblins erected such weak defence against us Direwolves? I don't know whether to call you stupid or brave." The scarred wolf said to us as I narrowed my eyes.

I turned my head and looked at Rimuru who is slowly going out of the fence and into the open as she caught the attention of the wolf.

"Me and my friend are responsible for the protection of this goblin village. If you are to leave in peace then you can go with your life intact." Rimuru said as all of us heard it.

That's a nice thing to say but I think it will only provoke the wolf further. Considering the fact that slimes are seen as the lowest monster it isn't a surprise if they do.

"What? A mere slime dares to stand up to a Direwolf like me? Hahaha! That's laughable. If it were that beastman then it would've been believable." The wolf said as he laughed as I felt my eyebrows twitch.

Oh that's a big mistake. That's a very big mistake.

"This is your last chance. If you go away from this village then I will let you live." Rimuru said to them as I watched.

"You dare mock me slime! You're just a lowly monster! I'll rip you apart!" The wolf roared as he ran towards her and jumped into the air.

Heh! He's done for.

I watched it as soon enough, the wolf is captured in strings that Rimuru made using her skill that she took from the spider.

"What is this?" The wolf said in confusion as he looked at his state.

"I warned you this would happen." Rimuru said to him.

"You! I'll kill you for this you damn slime! I'll kill you!" The wolf started to shout at her.

But then I watched as Rimuru used water blade and cut off the Wolf's head off as it fell on the ground before his body followed.

"Wow. Rimuru-sama defeated him so easily." One goblin said as he and the other goblins looked at the scene with shocked faces.

The other goblins also talked amongst themselves when they saw it while I kept my attention on Rimuru. She crawled to the corpse of the wolf before she swallowed it.

Oh so she's thinking taking the power of that's species as well. That's not a bad plan.

Then I watched her transform into a Direwolf in front of the eyes of everyone present. Then she howled as her voice can be heard by everyone here.

"Your boss is dead! I'll give you a choice: Submit or die!" Rimuru said to the group of Direwolves.

As long as they don't want revenge they would most likely just leave the place. That would work in our favour.