That Will Never Happen

"That will never happen, Rafe"

It was the last thing he heard from the girl he wished he could spend a life with but fate seem to be one twisted fuck who loved to fuck with people's life.

Rafe never had luck in this life other than being born as a rich.  He didn't have luck in getting emotional support from anyone. Never had lasting relationships, healthy sibling bond, love from his own dad, true friendship, trust in people. All of that was unfamiliar to him.

The first time he felt comforted was being with Kiara. Yeah, they were kidnapped, but remembering it now, those days he spend with her in danger was much more better than being at peace at home, smoking, drinking and fucking. Just being around her made his life colorful and meaningful because he was him, without covered, showing his true emotions, his tears, his fears, his memories, everything. He was true with her, with Kiara, he showed himself for what he really was and he was happy about it.

Rafe knew Kiara was already JJ's but never wanted to actually believe it. "they won't last long" was what he really thought about their relationship. "He is JJ. He likes girls, now he has eyes for Kie, but that will eventually fade away" He really did think that only he was right for her. This was Rafe's problem. Never realizing that the world doesn't spin around him, that he isn't in the spotlight. He would never admit loss, he was a king and people were his slaves and Kiara was his queen. But little did he know that in his own story he was Sovieshu and the girl he loved was Navier.

"Can we talk?" He couldn't help but feel guilty or even selfish in this moment. He knew she wasn't at home for days, that she was probably tired and wanted to sleep. But his inner selfishness could overtake him suddenly.

"Why now?" Her words were light and completely unaffected. He fidgeted with his hands, breaking previous eye contact with her and breathed out heavily knowing he had to get on with it before she began to question his peculiar behavior.

"Because, I don't know how long can I endure this pain, without telling you how I feel, how it stings, how it rips my heart" This truly was the only opportunity to be vulnerable so he had to ask. Soon. "Can you give me a chance?" silence. Now Kiara gave him full attention. He trailed off. Breathed in.

                                                                   "Can you be my girlfriend?"

This time Kiara was genuinely confused by the implications of Rafe's question but by the slight pained expression on his face she figured it was serious. She looked at the ground, lost in thought as she tried to unpack this seemingly random question. That was when it dawned on her. He just really asked him if she could be his girlfriend. 

"What are you asking, Rafe?" She was confused. She made it clear before, that they would have no relationship other than being friends. Why was he doing this right now? Was he testing her? If yes, than this was very disrespectful.

"I am asking if you can give me a chance and be my girlfriend. I want to know how you feel abo-"

"We talked about this, Rafe. I already told you that I love someone and that we can be no more than friends. Why are you doing this?" She looked around for a second as if somebody nearby might be tuning into their conversation. "Never mind. You are tired and all of this is ridiculous, I want to rest, so please just go back" 

He fell silent. What was he doing? what exactly was his goal? Did he really think she would run up to him and gave him a kiss, nod her head and hug him? He is truly the worst. The girl in front of him likes another guy.