Prologue

"Sorry Jay, but Mama and Papa and I are going to a cruise from today 'till Monday, so I can't." You refused Jay's invitation to a movie night with an apologetic frown as Jay too looked down. Soon enough Jay's frown turned into a wide grin as he spoke.

"Don't worry about it! Say what, I'll come to your house after school on Tuesday! I can handle a few days on my own, but I'll still miss you." Jay said as you returned the wide smile.

"Promise me you'll come back on time though." Jay said as you raised your pinkie finger up.

"Pinkie promise." You said as Jay too raised his finger and linked it with yours. 

"Ah, young love." Your mother sighed  from the tea table where your and Jay's parents were chatting as their kids chatted only a bit away.

"Oh you two are just so cute! Ed, take a picture, quickly!" Jay's mother cooed as you and Jay turned to the table.

"Ma!" Jay yelled in embarrassment at his mother who laughed apologetically.

"Edna dear, leave the two lovebirds for now, you can gush over them once the (l/n)s return." Ed calmed his wife, who nodded with a smile.

"Come on then (y/n), you still haven't packed, have you? You're gonna have to hurry." Your father called as he and your mother stood from the tea table.

"Get a postcard for me will you, (m/n)!" Edna called to your mother who grinned at Jay's mother, before doing some sort of secret handshake style wave with her. You walked to your fathers side before waving at Jay, who you would not be able to see for a few days. The boy waved back with an energetic smile before you stepped into your car, and headed back home.

~

The car ride to Ninjago city was long, but you took pictures of the big city for Jay, who had always wished to go there someday. You would totally brag to him, although you were just passing by to get to the docks. After almost falling asleep, your mother called you, as you had finally arrived to the cruise. You put your small camera to your pocket before approaching the cruise. With your first class tickets, you rushed into the ship, and to the buffet, taking some pictures before stuffing your face with all kinds of expensive food. Your father and mother had saved for this trip for ages, and you three were enjoying it to the fullest. The first day was nearing it's end, and the skies were clear as you gathered at the deck to look at the sunset in the distance. But as if just waiting to end the peace of the good day, a dark cloud appeared in the distance as a small lightning strike could be heard kilometers away in the distance.

"It's best if we go inside now." Your father commented, and you three headed inside and to your cabinet. 

~

The next morning the skies were clear again, and there was no sign of there ever even existing a thunder storm in the first place. You rushed to the deck after breakfast, as a costume designed as the cruise company's mascot played with the smaller kids. You laughed to yourself as one of the kids fell and hit his face on the floor, and even started to cry. The mascot helped the kid up and gave him a hug, which calmed the kid down instantly. Your mother and father had drinks in their hands as they sat comfortably in sun loungers with their sunglasses on. As you let enjoy their time together, you turned to look behind the ship, the direction you came from. Where Jay was waiting. Most people in school though it was disgusting or weird, but Jay didn't care, and neither did you. Their opinions were like sand grains in the ocean.

~Your p.o.v.~

Like the dark cloud in a clear sky, My thoughts were interrupted by horrified screams. A group of skeletons had pounced out of the mascot suit and grabbed the kid from before as the kid struggled and screamed at the top of his voice. I froze and backed away, like most passengers did. I heard a woman scream the boy's name, as the kid in the skeletons hands called back to her. The mother cried to desperately get her son back safely as the skeletons played fetch with the poor boy, using him as the ball. I wasn't brave enough to do anything though, and I didn't move an inch. The skeletons wreaked havoc on the ship as the others ran away screaming. I turned to run away too when my parents called my name from afar. But just as I did, the kid screamed louder, louder than humanly possible. The skeletons held him by his shirt and hung him over the ships railing as they cackled and laughed like the whole ordeal was funny. I didn't know why, but I lunched at the skeleton, and pushed it far away from the railing as possible before it could drop the child. The kid managed to get free of the skeletons hold and ran straight to it's mothers arms before the two ran away. 

I quickly realized how bad of a situation I was in, and made a run for it. I was just too slow. One of the skeletons grabbed me and threw me closer to the ship railing as it and it's buddies laughed. I wasn't scared. Or maybe I was. No, I had to stay strong. I wasn't scared. I wasn't scared. I was scared. I was scared. I was scared. I was scared. I was scared. My legs shook as my parents's yells rang out from behind the skeletons. One of the skeletons pushed me, I hit my back against the railing as it creaked aloud. Then I saw it. A good space I could slip past the skeletons and run away. I sprinted and, I fell. One of the skeletons kicked me against the railing again. They laughed at the misfortune of a fallen child. Just like I did. Yet now, it was worse, the railing creaked again. Suddenly the railing seemed to tilt backwards and just as suddenly the whole railing fell off. And I lost balance.

Karma is a bitch.