Broken promise

The loud alarm clock woke up Jay, who slammed his hand on it from under his bed covers. He groaned into the pillow under him before slowly raising his head up from the bed and turning to lay on his back. He sighed, before tilting his head to look at his calendar. Tuesday 10th... Jay jumped off the bed and glanced at the clock with a sudden burst of energy. It was only half past seven, and Jay had a good amount of time before school started. He ran out of his room and walked into the kitchen, where he quickly made toast with some raspberry jelly on it. He ate it while watching an episode of Star Farer on tv. He'd seen it countless of times, but what could one do, it was his (and his lovers) favorite episode after all. Afterwards he went back to his room and changed and packed his backpack before rushing to the bathroom. Quickly combing through his hair a few times he grinned at his own reflection before rushing out of the caravan and out to the junkyard. 

"Hey son, what's the hurry? isn't there still, what? Almost an hour until school starts?" Ed called to Jay from where he was working on some new inventions with his wife Edna.

"I'm going by bus today, and I'll go straight to (y/n)'s after school!" Jay quickly called to his parents.

"Alright, be careful on the road! Remember, right left right on the lights!" Edna called called back as Jay slowed down and turned around.

"Ma! I'm thirteen! I can handle myself. Bye then, love you both!" Jay called goodbye to his parents before rushing out of the junkyard with a smile. He ran at first, before slowing down to walk instead. He got to the bus station and didn't even have to wait when the 8 am bus showed up. He got on and quickly scanned the bus for (y/n), who would take the bus most of the time, mainly because he lived further away and his father would always take the car to work. Upon not noticing the (h/c) haired boy anywhere on the bus, Jay sat down near the middle of the bus, as a few giggles came from the back of the bus. It was some of Jay's and (y/n)'s classmates, who were pretty nice, but they had way too many giggling fits during class, so many that the teachers had to even send them to detention once. Otherwise the bus ride was chill, and the bus arrived to school on time, as always.

Jay threw his stuff into his locker before looking around again. (y/n) would always hang around with Jay, sometimes the girls from before would drag him somewhere to hang out, and due to (y/n)'s soft spot for his friends, he never refused. Jay walked around before arriving to the spot where the girls hung out.

"Hey, have any of you seen (y/n)?" Jay asked as the girls looked at each other before shaking their heads.

"Sorry, haven't seen him, is something up?" One of the girls asked as Jay scratched his neck.

"It's nothing, I just haven't seen him today." 

"Sorry to have been of no help, and don't worry, since you're here, he'll show up." The girl said empathetically, but her friends giggled at the accidental implication before waving Jay bye as Jay headed for the first class of the day. He and (y/n) were always the first two in class, and they both had fairly good grades, although both struggled in English and history. The bell rang. (y/n) didn't come to class. (y/n) probably got sick, because he never skipped school for any other reason. Jay glanced at his phone and sent quick message to (y/n). 'Are you coming to school today?' He stared at his own message un-seen message until the teacher arrived. Jay spent the rest of the school day without thinking much on it until school ended, and then he went back to the bus station. After fifteen minutes, what was usually (y/n)'s bus home, arrived. Jay jumped on and went through the fifteen minute ride before arriving in (y/n)'s neighborhood. Walking past a few houses Jay arrived in front of a light blue one story house. He noticed the family car along with another one, a police car. Even as a bad feeling crawled up Jay's spine, he walked to the door and rang the door bell. Not long after, (y/n)'s father opened it as his expression turned to a one of shock.

"Hello, Mr. (l/n), is (y/n) home?" The man didn't answer and instead turned away as another voice called.

"Who is it?" (y/n)'s mothers voice called from the living room.

"It's Jay." (y/n)'s father said as small whispering sounded from the living room.

"...Let him in." (y/n)'s mother said as (y/n)'s father opened the door for Jay to enter. Jay thanked him and took his shoes off and placed them neatly on the shoe rack. He walked into the living room and looked around, but he still didn't see (y/n).

"Is he in his room?" Jay asked and turned to the hallway leading to (y/n)'s room, but (y/n)'s mother stopped him.

"No, he's not. Jay, could you sit down for a moment, please?" (y/n)'s mother pleaded, and Jay nodded and sat down next to her on the couch. There were two couches, on one sat Jay and Mrs. (l/n), on the other, a police man. Mr. (l/n) leaned against the wall not too far from his wife.

"This is Jay?" The police man spoke as (y/n)'s mother nodded. The police man took a small camera from the sofa table and handed it to Jay. Jay turned questioningly to (y/n)'s mother, who said nothing, her eyes glistening with tears, which fell down her cheeks soon enough.

"Would you like for me to tell him?" The police man questioned Mrs. (l/n), who nodded.

"This is (y/n)'s camera, from Mrs. (l/n) testimony, (y/n) had taken pictures of Ninjago city to show you. Jay opened the camera, and indeed it was filled with pictures (y/n) seemed to have taken of Ninjago city. Jay's parents visited it from time to time, but since Jay's school wasn't there, he rarely had the chance to visit the big city.

"(y/n) (l/n) perished at sea two days ago. The search party has looked everywhere, but his body still hasn't been found." Jay froze and whipped his head to Mr. and Mrs. (l/n). (y/n)'s father covered his face while (y/n)'s mother wiped the tears from her eyes with tissue. Jay felt his eyes water, soon tears were falling. 

"D-do my parents know?"

"We haven't informed Mr. and Mrs. Walker yet." The police man said.

"May I go see (y/n)'s room?" Jay asked. (y/n)'s mother nodded. Jay walked (y/n)'s room and closed the door after him. The room was just like it usually was, the only difference being that, (y/n) wasn't there. Jay didn't want to look around. Instead, he sat down on the floor and started sobbing.