I'm not scared

The team ran back to camp as the horns of destruction were still blaring. Dr. Julien, who had been waiting for the others to return for a while, looked distressed, to say the least.

"What was that sound? The horns?" He asked, on edge as the team rushed up to him.

"The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun." Wu explained as he, Misako, and Lloyd all moved to stand in front of Dr. Julien. Cole and Kai stood behind them, and Zane stayed in the back with Jay, who was leaning his head on the white ninja's shoulder.

"Now Lloyd must face his father." Misako said with a tone of sadness as Dr. Julien looked at Lloyd with a look of sympathy, before looking past everyone else as well. Well, everyone that was currently there.

"But where are Nya and (y/n)?" Right after Dr. Julien asked that, Jay flinched and turned to bury his head deeper into Zane's shoulder. The white ninja moved a hand to gently pat the blue ninja on the back, before shaking his head at Dr. Julien.

"Nya's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all Ninjago of itself." Wu meanwhile explained when suddenly Jay ripped himself from Zane's comfort, showing his tear stained face to the others.

"Who cares about Ninjago?!" He let out, even if he had nothing to say after that. The others knew what was going on, so they just averted their gaze reluctantly.

But Kai seemed to be feeling different. He approached Jay, raising a hand that he tried to reach Jay with. But Jay slapped that hand away before it could come close.

Kai held back on saying anything for a bit. Cole moved to stand behind Jay, but didn't approach him. Instead he gave Kai a somewhat disappointed look.

Jay looked like he might start crying again. Kai saw that, and even if he knew Jay wasn't very happy with him right now, he still spoke up.

"Nya is my sister, I know her well. She's though, tougher than most of us. We'll see her again, and..." Kai trailed off before turning to Jay with a face that seemed to be a mix of sympathy and disappointment, but not in Jay, in himself.

"That (y/n) is pretty persistent, I bet he'll be back. So, don't cry." Kai didn't reach out this time, and instead just rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. I guess even Kai regretted what he had said back there.

"Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the First Spinjitzu Master. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders..." As Sensei Wu spoke, Jay's thoughts trailed off. He knew he shouldn't let them, but something about Kai's half-ass apology had actually made an impression on him.

"And my Ice." Jay realized he was spacing out only when he heard Zane's voice from next to him. Seeing the others had pulled out their elemental blades, he too did the same.

"And my lightning." As Lloyd gave a thankful smile to the four, Cole caught the green ninja in a quick hug.

"We're all in this together, kid!" He said, not resisting the urge to give Lloyd a noogie as the green ninja laughed. When the two were done, Lloyd looked past each of the ninja, eyes stopping on Jay at the end.

Jay must have looked pretty pathetic. His emotions and thoughts were running all over the place, and his face was stained with tears. It was strange. Had Jay ever been the one to need comforting? He was always laughing, but now all seemed to have been flipped.

"Let's suit up, we're going to get those two back!" As everyone else cheered at Lloyd's words, Jay's eyes only widened a little. Although he was sad about (y/n), he was thankful his friends were all still there for him.