family dinner

It was rare for Talia, Jerome and Harley to ever be in the apartment at the same time as each other, but when they were, Harley wanted them all to spend time together

It was rare for Talia, Jerome and Harley to ever be in the apartment at the same time as each other, but when they were, Harley wanted them all to spend time together. She liked the times where they acted like a normal family, she felt like she had everything she wanted when they did. "So, kiddo" Harley says with a smile as she looks at Talia "How is school going? Any new friends we should know about?" Harley always hated the fact that Talia never had friends like any other teenager did, and she felt guilty as it was her's and Jerome's fault.

"Maybe, I'm not really sure" Talia says confused as Harley's eyes brighten, making Talia continue "I met him the other day, and he invited me over to his place when I couldn't go home. His name is Jason..."

"No, no boys" Jerome says sternly to Talia. He had always been protective over his daughter, one reason was because she is his creation and the best one he has made; and the other reason is that she was going to be the one to carry on his legacy and she couldn't do that if something terrible had happened to her "He's just going to break your heart and you are way too young for that shit."

"Dad" Talia whines "He is the first friend I've made, please don't take this away from me. And as well, I'm seventeen; I'm bound to meet a boy at some point."

"Talia, you're my daughter and your going to carry on this legacy that your mother and I have worked so hard to build for you" Jerome tells his daughter "I'm not going to let a boy get in the way of that. Not while I'm still alive."

"Mom, help me out here" Talia says as she turns to look at Harley.

"Pumpkin, she needs friends" Harley tells Jerome "Yes, she is carrying on our legacy in the future but right now she's a teenage girl. She needs to be able to live a normal teenage life."

"See dad!" Talia says happily "I need friends and for the first time in seventeen years I think I actually have a friend" Talia wasn't sure if Jason was actually her friend. Yes, he did say he wanted to hang out another time, but ever since then she hasn't seen him after school, or anywhere really. She was starting to think it was a one time thing.

"Maybe you do need friends" Jerome says with a sigh "But if he hurts you in any way, I'm going to kill him myself. Got it?"

"Yes got it" Talia says with a smile as she stands up to go and hug her dad "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"So, about this friend..." Harley says, wanting to know more about her daughter's first friend.

"His name is Jason" Talia says with a smile "He's a year older than me and he goes to the public school across the street from my school."

"Jason?" Harley asks which makes Talia nod her head "I used to know a guy who had a nephew called Jason. Used to take him to the bar that me and Ivy go to a lot."

"Could be him" Talia says with a shrug "He was on the streets a lot but he lives in Wayne Manor now. Let me tell you that place is fancy."

"You became friends with a rich boy?" Jerome asks, suddenly becoming very interested.

"Um, yeah I guess so" Talia says nervously, not really seeing the big deal in if Jason is rich or not.

"Interesting" Jerome says before everything goes silent, and they carry on the rest of the meal in silence.

628 Words