seeing each other again

It had been a month since Talia had been to Wayne Manor and she hadn't seen Jason since

It had been a month since Talia had been to Wayne Manor and she hadn't seen Jason since. She had always tried to look out for Jason after school, but she would never see him. Everyday she would wait until everyone had left and there was no sign of Jason. She had started to think that them seeing each other was a one time thing and started to give up waiting for him after school... until she saw him again as she was leaving school. "Jason?" Talia says as she walks over to him.

"Oh, hey, Talia" Jason says as he looks at her with a smile, showing a very noticeable black eye.

"What happened to your eye?" Talia asks as she gently touches it "It looks bad."

"Oh, you know" Jason says, trying to come up with a lie to tell her "Just got jumped a couple of days ago. It's not that big of a deal, you should see the other guys."

"Not that big of a deal?" Talia asks with a scoff "Jason, you got jumped, you should be going to the cops, not just acting like it's not a big deal. You could have been killed or something."

"The cops will do jack-shit" Jason says to Talia with a scoff. Jason never believed in the idea of cops, or the fact that they are actually useful. He had learnt that the times he had been in juvie and learnt it even more after becoming Robin "Honestly it's fine, all I got is a black eye. I'm okay, I promise."

"Are you sure?" Talia asks, which makes Jason nod his head to stop the girl from worrying. Even though Talia had only hung out with Jason one time, she cared for him, but that could just be because she had started forming a little crush on the black haired eighteen year old.

"Yes I'm fine" Jason says to Talia with a smile. No, he hadn't forgotten about his plan, but with Robin and being in his senior year, he didn't have a lot of time to try and get close with Talia. He didn't really care about school that much, so he had always thought about sacking it off completely, which Bruce would never allow. "So... haven't seen you in a while."

"Yeah, well, I've been here then going home" Talia says bluntly, feeling like Jason has been avoiding her, and Jason could tell that she doesn't seem very happy "Same as always."

"Look, sorry I haven't been around much" Jason says to Talia with a sigh, not wanting to be in the girl's bad books "I've just had a lot of stuff going on so I haven't been at school much and since I don't have your number or anything I haven't been able to talk to you."

"Is this your way of asking me for my number?" Talia asks Jason with a smile. Never in her life she would have thought that someone she found attractive would be asking for her number. It was something she found to be impossible.

"I guess I am" Jason says with a laugh as he hands his phone to Talia so she can put her number into his phone. He knew that the more he talked to Talia, the closer he would get with her and that meant she would start trusting him with information on the Joker.

"You better call or text me" Talia says to Jason with a smile "Because if you ghost me I'll personally come over to your house and slap you in the face. And I can do that because I know where you live."

"Trust me, I will, and not just because you are threatening me" Jason says with a laugh, knowing that Talia is just joking "It's because I like you, Talia. You're a good friend." Even though she had just been friend-zoned, Talia had a massive smile on her face after what Jason had told her. She never had any friends before so having someone call her a good friend made her feel like she had accomplished something in life, but her smiling had been cut off when a text alert showed up on Jason's phone "I gotta go but I'll text you later, yeah?"

"Yeah, of course" Talia says with a smaller smile "See you later" Talia says as Jason starts to walk away, who turned around and gave her a smile before he got on his motorbike and drove away.

753 Words
Hey, sorry this is a short chapter, I promise there is more to come, I'm just trying to build a friendship between Jason and Talia but I have a bit of writers block and I don't know what to write :(