Chapter 49: Breakdown

*Warning: This series contain mention of blood and abusive words. Skip this if you are uncomfortable. Some readers may find it explicit.

*This is pure work of fiction. All the events mentioned in the story are imagination. Don't take it personally.

________________✨_________________

Author's POV. -

"Because... I love Eunji."

Everyone's eyes widen including Eunji. She stared at Taehyung who was looking at her with a small smile and lot of emotions in his eyes. Is this a dream? Did he really mean what he said? It shouldn't be like this? But why my heart is beating so fast?

Both of them refused to look away from each other, but they have to when they heard Mr. Sung speaking. "What are you saying Taehyung? Do you think it's some kind of a joke?" Mr. Sung got furious and started to shout which made Taehyung to close his eyes because he was well aware of the consequences of his actions. He looked towards Mr. Sung who had his piercing gaze fixed on Taehyung. Taehyung shook his head with a smile. "No uncle. I'm not joking. It's the most beautiful and non-replaceable truth of my life. And no one can change it." Even though his voice was low and humble, the determination was clearly visible.

Taehyung again looked at Eunji who was now looking at their intertwined hands and his lips raised with a swift smile. "She's the one who made me realise that I have a heart which only beats for her. Her little actions made me fall for her all over again. She is very special to me. And always will. If it's not her, then there will be no one in my life. Ever." Eunji's eyes brimmed with tears but she controlled herself from letting them fall. Taehyung looked at his mother who was as shocked as the others while his father was a little angry at his behaviour.

"Mom, you said that when we fall in love, we start to look at the world in a different way. You were right. I've started to see the world in a different way since she have entered my life. I didn't know it was love until the thought of loosing her made me restless."

Taehyung's each word was sincere and from bottom of his heart. Mrs. Kim looked at her husband who looked away not knowing how to react at this. Taehyung sigh knowing that his parents need time to digest this new information. So he stood up holding Eunji's hand making her do the same. He bowed to everyone present there. "Kiya. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. But I know that you'll get more hurt, if I ignore my feelings and married you. It's better to be stay as friends." He finished his words which made Kiya look down and nodded slowly. Taehyung looked at his parents one last time. "Mom, Dad you can call me whenever you feel like. I'll always be there for you. And I hope you guys will accept my choice soon. We'll take our leave. Thank you for listening to me."

Taehyung turned around and started to walk away with Eunji following him with her head hung low. She didn't know how to react at this. She was aware of his feelings at some point. But she didn't know that he was so serious about it. And the fact that he rejected a beautiful and more capable girl for her was eating her up. Mr. Sung raised from his seat ready to stop Taehyung but Kiya held his hand stopping him. "No dad. Let him go." She whispered looking at Taehyung's back with a tearful smile. "That's for the best." As they were about to exit the door, Taehyung's steps halted hearing his fathers voice.

"Taehyung!!" Taehyung turned to look at his father who stood from his place and walk towards him with a sharp gaze as his mother followed his father. "And what if she doesn't wants to marry you? What if she don't love you?" Mr. Kim asked while pointing towards Eunji making her head raised a little to look at Taehyung's expressions. But he still had the same small smile on his face. "That's fine dad. Because I never loved her on the condition that she should love me back. I never expect her to love me because I do the same. Even if she don't love me, my love will never ever fade for her." He said the last words while looking deeply in Eunji's eyes. The stars in his eyes reflected in her making her release a deep breath. Taehyung understood that it was getting too much for her to handle. So he excused himself from his parents and left the place. Taehyung's parents just stood there looking at their son's changed nature. "Is this really our son?" Mr. Kim asked making Mrs. Kim chuckle.