chapter 4

chapter 4

"merry christmas," eddy mumbled into brett's ear, his voice groggy and his eyelids still closed shut.

brett smiled against the warmth of eddy's chest, burying himself further in to avoid the rays of sunshine that were hitting the bed through the gap in the curtains. "merry christmas to you too," he replied, equally sleepy and his voice slightly thicker than usual. this has got to be the best christmas, brett thought, because what better gift than to wake up in eddy's arms?

"do you really want to get up now?" eddy asked, and brett could practically hear eddy begging him not to say yes.

"hmm... maybe in a bit," he half-whispered, and he could feel eddy nod against him.

brett felt a wave of contentment wash over him as he realised this was the first christmas they spent together, as a couple, and that it wouldn't be their last. he drifted off into a light sleep once again, feeling eddy's steady heartbeat against his chest and smelling the faint scent of his cologne, making him feel even more comfortable.

soon enough, brett felt eddy stirring next to him and rubbed his eyes, letting out a content yawn and stretching his toes. he lay there, basking in the warmth of eddy's love, and couldn't help but feel grateful for all the blessings in his life. he knew that not everyone was lucky enough to wake up on christmas morning with someone they loved, someone who loved them back just as fiercely.

now it was eddy's turn to bury himself into brett's chest, and he let him, gently stroking eddy's back and shoulders. "we should probably get up now," eddy mumbled. brett smacked his butt lightly. "so then get up! you're the one who's still cuddling!"

"but you're so warm," eddy protested, "and so cuddly!"

"cuddly?" brett asked, laughing. "you're speaking to the underworld lofi genius!"

"hm, fair enough," eddy replied, finally sitting up and stretching. brett, having not seen eddy's outstretched arm, sat up, only to crash his nose against eddy's arm and fall back onto the bed. "ow," he whined, rubbing his nose, while eddy howled with laughter. 

"are you okay?" eddy choked out in between giggles. 

"hmph, yeah, i'm fine," brett grunted. 

eddy positioned himself above brett, tracing his fingers across brett's (now injured) nose, jaw, and ears, smiling to himself. "i have a surprise for you," eddy said softly, and then sealed his statement with a quick peck on brett's nose. "you do?" brett asked, his entire face lighting up like a lantern, eyes wide and now fully awake. "mhm," eddy nodded, "but you'll have to brush first, there's no way i'm kissing you with your morning breath," he teased. 

"you haven't brushed either," brett pointed out. "actually, i did," eddy said. "i got up an hour before you to prepare the surprise, and then went back to sleep, because i was really tired."

"from last night?" brett teased, pinching eddy's ear softly. memories of christmas eve rushed through brett's brain, sending him into a giddy bout of happiness as he relived the day - brunch outside at noon, a walk in the park in the evening, and a movie in the night. it had started out as an innocent movie date, but ended up in fiery, electric and hungry kisses as they melted into each other's embrace. brett remembered how their tongues danced together in a sensual tango, exploring every inch of each other's mouths, sending shivers down his spine... how their bodies pressed together, the heat between them rising with each passing second, how eddy's eyes locked in a smouldering gaze, how they kissed with wild abandon, lost in a sea of passion and desire... and the rest was history.

"earth to brett?" eddy asked, pulling him back into the present. "yup, i'm here," he said, absently tracing circles on eddy's forearms.

"go get brushed and dressed, i'll just add some last minute touch ups," eddy said as he ruffled brett's hair and rushed out of the room. "and don't come into the living room!" brett heard eddy's muffled exclamation from outside. "okay, okay," he shouted back, his chest warming as he thought about what eddy could have planned. 

after he got dressed, eddy pulled him into the living room, which was decorated with lights and presents, and as eddy pulled him closer, he saw a small black box on the table. eddy went down on one knee, opening it to reveal a small necklace with a violin pendant in the middle. "will you, brett yang, officially, be my boyfriend?" eddy asked, his eyes shining and his expression hopeful. unable to hold back a wide grin at the sappiness, brett nodded, pulled eddy up, and kissed him passionately, their lips melding together in a perfect harmony. 

brett knew that the day ahead would be filled with laughter, joy, and maybe even a few tears. but for now, he was content to just be here, in his lover's arms, on this magical christmas morning.