The Past and Present

CHILDREN WERE BELIVED TO BE THE most innocent creatures. After all a child knew virtually nothing. It needed to learn. So you could blame it for doing something wrong.

Jackie Tyler felt like she was sinking. It was a bad day. November 7th was always a bad day for the blond.

The bed dipped beside her. Glassy eyes shifted from a worn out picture to two year old Rose Tyler.

The young girl stared at the picture with sad eyes. She didn't really understand why her mother was sad, but she took her hand anyway.

The Tyler's were dressed up in black. There was a bouquet of flowers on the front room table.

Jackie closed her hand around the picture. She squeezed Rose's hand and smiled softly. She helped her daughter off the bed and together they put on their shoes.

The outside weather was windy. There weren't many people out on the road. Their bus ride was short, but filled with counting cars.

The grass at the cemetery was damp from the morning dew. Among the rows of head stones they found Pete Tyler's.

Jackie layed out a thick blanket and placed a small picnic basket down. Rose placed the bouquet of flowers aginst the headstone. She picked up the old ribbon from the last time they were there.

The mother and daughter duo sat on the blanket. Jackie layed out breakfast in front of them. Toast and eggs. Strawberries and bacon. Orange juice in little sippy cups.

And they talked.

The told Peter about everything that had happend in their lives. Rose's friends, Jackie's job. News stories and local drama.

It was past noon when they finally ran out of things to say. Jackie packed up the picnic. The two blonds said their I love you's and their goodbyes.

They walked back over the dry grass. Took the same bus back to their flat. The wind was still kicking up.

Jackie stopped short when she spotted something on her doorstep. She held Rose's hand tightly as they neared the large basket.

Golden hair was peeking out from under a blanket.

Jackie quickly sent Rose inside to play. Carefully she pulled the blanket to reveal a girl. No more than two years old. Her face was covered in dirt and soot. She was shaking like a leaf.

Jackie's heart went out to her. She did the one thing she could. She brought her inside.

The TARDIS was amazing. It's closet was even better. Cecilia was exploring when she found it. She wanted to know how big the spaceship realy was.

When she found the extensive closet her chin was on the floor. It went up levels upon levels. All the clothes were placed in organized chaos.

Naturally she had to put on a fashion show, even if it was only for herself.

The first shelf she chose was filled with the strangest clothes. There was a magicians cape, a super long scarf -it fit around her neck three times- a multi color jacket that went very nicely with the scarf. A jumper filled with question marks that Cecilia raised an eyebrow at.

She spun around in the mirror. The TARDIS hummed and Cecilia broke out in giggles.

The next rack had a bunch of futuristic clothes. She pulled off a skirt that was sliver chrome. To match she found a sparkly pink metal plated top. Some neon boots, and a chrome headband.

She catwalked infront of the mirror. Twirling and squatting.

The next rack was much more tame. She guessed it was from the near future. From it she pulled beige cargo pants, a pink tight cropped t- shirt. A pair of sneakers and a black zip up hoodie.

She admired the outfit in the mirror. This one's not to bad.

And her last rack was was from the past. The 1800s Mabye. From it she pulled a forest green dress off the rack, matched with a black pair of boots.

Cecilia stretched her hands behind her back to do up the dress.

"Lia? Are you in here?"

"In here!"

She pulled back the curtain to reveal herself to the Doctor. "What do you think?"

The man chuckled. "Give us a twirl my lady"

Cecilia giggled and spun around on one foot. The dress didn't expand much, but her hair did. "I'm thinking about taking you to the past, back to 1860"

Cecilia smiled. "Ohh" she shook her shoulders. "And I'm already dressed for the part!"

The Doctor linked her elbow with his. "Yes you are. Now come along my lady, we have time to travel"

He pulled her along. Cecilia's giggles echoing ofthe walls. And the TARDIS humming in satisfaction.

I just finished reading a Jegulus fic called Art heist. Baby! It was amazing and also totally ruined my mental health.

I've edited this as a momentary distraction. Hope you enjoy.

- :)