The Aliens of London

CECILIA STEPPED OUT OF THE TARDIS, the Doctor and Rose in tow. London didn't seem very different from when she left. She wasn't aware how long they had actually been gone.

The Doctor leaned back onto the TARDIS. His hands were in his pockets. He watched them silently.

Rose turned to face him. "How long have we been gone?" She asked.

Cecilia raised a questioning glance at the man. "About twelve hours." He told them.

Cecilia chuckled and went to stand beside her sister. "Right, well we won't be long. Just gonna see mum."

The Doctor pushed off from the TARDIS and peered at her. "What are you going to tell her?"

Rose shrugged amd looked to the sky. "I don't know! We've been to the year 5 billion.... and only been gone, what, 12 hours?"

The Doctor made a noise like something between a laugh and a snort. Cecilia shook her head at him. "No, we'll just say we spent the night somewhere. Shareen's maybe."

"You hate Shareen."

Cecilia glared at her sister. "No I don't."
She turned back to the Doctor. "We'll see you later. And don't go anywhere!"

The Doctor gave them a look. He settled against the TARDIS as the girls ran off towards their flat.

Cecilia and Rose rushed into the flat. Rose threw her keys down on the side table. "We're back! It was Shareen. She was all upset again. Are you in?"

Jacki walked out of the kitchen with a cup of tea in her hand. She looked at them and her face went pale.

Cecilia didn't notice her mother's face. "What's been happening? How are you mum?"

The girls finally spotted the look on their mothers face. They shared a quick glance. "What? What's that face for? It's not the first time we've stayed out all night!"

Jackie dropped her mug. It smashed on the ground, tea and glass going everywhere. Cecilia stared with wide eyes. "mum?"

Jackie barley even acknowledged the mug. "It's you two."

Rose narrowed her eyes, confusion clear on her face. "Of course it's us!"

Tears were gathering in Jackie's eyes. Her gaze was darting between her two daughters. "Oh, my God. It's you two. Oh my God."

She threw herself at the two girls. Her body shaking with sobbs. Over her shoulder Cecilia spotted stacks of papers. Some of them said 'where's Rose' the others said 'where's Cecilia'

Her mouth dropped open, realizing what happened. The Doctor came crashing into the flat. "It's not twelve hours, it's er... twelve months. You've been gone a whole year."

Cecilia glared at him. "You think! Your a shit driver, I hope you know that."

He Bagan to nervously chuckle. Rose and Jackie stared in between the two of them in stunned silence.

The two girls were sat on the sofa as Jackie went off on them. "The hours I've sat here. Days and weeks and months all on my own. I thought you two were dead! And where we're you? Traveling. What the hell does that mean? That's no sort of an awnser."