Forever and its sweet beginnings

With under a day before the wedding, Scott was under more pressure than he had signed up for. Although he had plenty of suits and formal dresses, he wanted something that better suited the colour theme Jimmy had described the wedding was using. He also wanted small hints of Jimmy's empire in his outfit and vice versa for his fiancé's outfit. That meant designing and making two new pieces, from scratch, in an extremely small time frame. 

He had started with the designs almost immediately after his nerves had calmed after being unable to locate his engagement ring. They hadn't taken long to perfect, especially with Jimmy's input. 

- - - -

It was almost midnight by the time the outfits were made, accessorised and ready for them. Scott seemed to be basking in the glow of triumph and Jimmy was reluctant to break him from it. However, he knew they had to be up early if they were to make the journey by carriage instead of flight - Scott had insisted they don't damage the intricate details or wind sweep their clothes.

For that reason, he gently pulled Scott down towards the bed, allowing the elven king to snuggle into him. They didn't have to say any words as Jimmy placed a kiss to Scott's hair and the cyanette intertwined their hands. They knew what it meant. They had long since learnt to communicate through gestures or sound alone.

Jimmy was content that he had his fiancé back and that their wedding was going to happen and soon. No words had the skill or the meaning to express that to the levels he needed. But, with Scott at his side, staring into his eyes with all the love in the world, Jimmy's own reflected in the deep blue sea of Scott's eyes, he didn't have to say a single thing.

- - - -

Jimmy was watching Joel pace as if it was going to slow his beating heart. He would never have thought Joel would be a stressed groom. Jimmy knew better; that really it was excitement and joy that he hadn't had an outlet for that was slowly making its presence known in his system.

"Joel. Please stop pacing, I'm getting dizzy just watching."

Lizzie walked through the door, wearing the dress Jimmy had helped her pick. It was a stunning gown with ivory material and blue lace details. Jimmy had even asked Scott to add multi-coloured gems within the lace work in the colours of Mezelea - at Lizzie's request.

He could tell Joel hadn't expected to see her like this, looking like the Queen she was, wearing her hair in a bun with a flowing veil that shone in the light of Joel's room. It was a sweet moment that Jimmy half-heartedly considered leaving to them. It wasn't a thought he acted on, the to-be-weds seemed to be in their own bubble of happiness, regardless of his presence.

He just hoped Scott would be as happy on their wedding day.

- - - -

Scott hadn't been as anxious as he was in that moment since, he didn't even know when. The last 2 years of his life had been filled with constant apprehension that his brother would find him, kill him. Or worse, make him watch the downfall of everything he had ever cared about.

This was something different. It was the obsessive fear of not being good enough, of making a mistake, of not being perfect. 

The church of Aeor looked gorgeous, he had made sure of that. But he wanted it to be perfect, not just a pretty sight. Joel and Lizzie deserved that much after letting him stay with them, letting him leave and not tell anyone. For being there when he couldn't be. 

He also wanted to make a good impression on his future sister-in-law. It was clear Lizzie had lost some of the reservations she had once had about him; even warmed up to him enough to consider them friends. It was clear that he too had destroyed some of the walls and cold he had protected himself with- enough to let people in. He just hoped it was enough.