- Captured -

- Aiden's POV -

"Where the hell could he be!?"

I heard one of the guards complain as I continued forth. I know he couldn't get away, he should've seen the remains of the ashes that were once the boat that he had planned to use.

We've checked all around the woods as we made our way to the docks. He has to be around here somewhere.
We came out of the woods and finally searched the docks. There were no other boats the last time I've checked here, all of the trading ships have taken them with them, so there was no possible way to leave without one.

I instructed one of my men to search the beach and let the other one continue to search the woods once again. I looked around at the docks, there was no sign that Porter was here.

It was strange... It was like he'd disappear into thin air. He... He didn't try to swim his way out of here... Did he?
No... That's impossible, he would've passed out from exhaustion and possibly drowned, or worse, get caught up in a shark's territory.

After taking one last look, I walked away from the docks and stepped onto the sand. That's when I first noticed it.
Footprints have been left scattered in the sand, but not from just one pair of shoes. There were about three or four pairs of footprints left behind.

One of them must have belonged to the prince, but what about the other 3?

"Did... Did he get attacked?" I asked myself as I crouched down near the prints. I know the prince could easily fight back, I've trained him in combat multiple times.
But then again, he didn't take any weapons with him. It would've been easy for Porter to get ambushed by someone.

But who...?
Dammit Porter! What happened!?

"Mercer! You might wanna come look at this!"

My thoughts were put at a stop as I heard one of the other guards call to me. I immediately got up and went to them, I noticed how he was holding a piece of paper with him.
He looked at me with worry in his eyes as I approached.

"What did you find?" I asked them; they didn't say anything to me. Just handed me the paper he held.

As I took the paper, I noticed how it was a note, it had messy some handwriting.
I read the note, then froze.

My eyes widened as I couldn't comprehend what was said on it... Realizing where Porter went.

Or rather... WHERE he was taken...

"Going to take your precious prince on a trip. Don't worry, he's not going to get harmed... Hopefully."

"- Posehn's Right Hand"

______________________________________

Lukas felt his head aching as he slowly regained his consciousness. He could barely move though; he felt his hands bound together. He was also blindfolded; he saw nothing but black.

"I can't believe we've managed to even snatch this guy up. I mean, isn't he always surrounded by guards!?"

He heard people speaking, he realized that they were the same ones that had knocked him out and tied him up afterwards.
Porter became tense as the three continued.

"Speaking of the guy, I think he's waking up." One of them said as they noticed Lukas slightly moving, obviously uncomfortable in the position he was in.

Porter didn't say anything, he was left silent. He was becoming more scared with every second.

"I think the poor guy is terrified!" One of the men said aloud as he laughed.