Chapter 2: Planning

"You got invited too?" Ino squealed, spinning around with Sakura.

"Yeah, is it that rare?" Sakura joked, laughing along with her as the wind rushed past them. "Or are you saying he only did it to piss off Chicken Boy?"

"Of course!" Ino replied, finally letting go and sitting down on the roof tiles. "Itachi doesn't invite just anyone! Of course, this one would be different because it is about time for prom, but..."

"So he's inviting everyone?" Sakura rose an eyebrow.

"Yep!" Tenten grinned. "And you'll see Sa-su-ke-san there!"

"Ugh, don't even joke about that one." Sakura groaned. "I'd rather stay after class with Orochimaru-sensei than meet him at a party. Besides, there is a certain condition that's called Hating-Sakura-itis that seems to be really rampant right now. And he's infected."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic about it." Ino snorted. "If you don't wanna go as yourself, allow us to disguise you!"

"..." Sakura squinted at her, crossing her arms as she sat with her legs folded. "I'm listening."

"You're going to be in disguise, Sakura-chan?" Hinata asked.

"If that's the only way to ensure I don't run into Chicken Boy and cause a scene, I'm down." Sakura rolled her eyes. "Besides, I could always threaten Itachi not to tell him I'm going."

"You'd dare do that to the most popular senior boy in school?" Ino rose an eyebrow. "No wonder Sasuke hates you!"

"Puh-lease, Ino-Pig." Sakura smirked at her. "Being friends with Akatsuki really has its benefits."

"Juicy secrets?" Tenten asked, a mischievous grin on her face.

"Oh, do I ever." Sakura cackled. "Besides, the only reason fanboy here hates me is because I apparently stole his parking spot and completely roasted his ass. I'm justified."

"Let's focus on the 'disguise' thing. What would we do about this?" Ino grabbed a few of Sakura's bubblegum strands of hair gently in her fingers. "You'd stick out like a sore thumb."

"That's easy. Hello, hair dye?" Sakura rolled her eyes with a smile. "I'll just pass myself off as Karin's cousin or something."

"Ooh, red hair!" Tenten's eyes glinted. "Keep your eyes the same?"

"Obviously." Sakura replied. "I'm keeping these green beauties."

Hinata smiled. "You'd look lovely with red hair, Sakura-chan."

"Thank you, Hina-chan." Sakura smiled at her. "It'd make my name completely useless though, huh?"

"Obviously. No more cherry blossom hair!" Ino cheered, fist-pumping the air.

"No more cherry blossom hair!" Sakura echoed, mirroring her movements. She paused. "But you gotta admit, this hair be hella fine."

"Touche, Forehead. Touche." Ino smiled.

"So what outfit will you choose?" Hinata piped up. "Surely one or more of us should go shopping soon. T-That is, if my parents allow me to go out."

"Of course, Hina. We wouldn't go without you, anyway." Tenten grinned at her, giving her a thumbs up. "You're going, right?"

"Yes." Hinata looked down with a blush. "N-Naruto-kun talked to me today."

"Really?!" Ino and Sakura squealed, grabbing her shoulders. "Spill!"

"W-well, h-he asked me if I was going. I said y-yes, and then h-he said...w-we should go t-t-together!" Hinata trembled with excitement and she positively beamed.