Chapter 1-Time to get a Pokemon from professor Oak

I was in my room watching the Pokemon tournament on my TV. Mom open my bedroom door, "Evelyn? You're still awake? Remember you're getting your very first Pokemon from the professor tomorrow."

"Ok mom~" Mom shut my door as I turn off the TV and went to bed.

I woke up and check the time on my alarm click. It was 7am, "Hehe, I'll be the first one to get a Pokemon." I went ahead and dressed myself. I walk to out of my room to the kitchen; I saw a note on the table:

"I'll be going to Viridian City to do some shopping."
-Love Mom

I was wondering why would she go there in the morning. I decided to take out the leftover food from yesterday and eat it for breakfast. After I ate, I walk out of my house. I could see professor Oak's lab ontop of the hill.

I went inside Professor Oak's lab. Inside the lab was empty, "Umm.. Professor? Professor Oak?!" I was calling out to him. "Y-yes?" I heard a voice upstairs and it had to be the professor. I walk up stairs and saw him researching. He look behind him, "Oh it's you Evelyn." "I'm here to get my very own Pokemon." I said smiling.

"Oh, well yes... You are the first person that can by my lab today." said professor Oak. He went ahead and click a button on the big machine next to him and three poke balls appear from inside of the machine. "Allow me to introduce you Kanto's three starter pokemon; a water-type Pokemon: Squirtle, a grass-type: Bulbasaur, and a fire-type: Charmander." explain professor Oak.

"I've already know what Pokemon I'm choosing... I choose Charmander!"

"Ok, here is her poke ball. Don't forget, when you're given your first Pokemon from a professor, you get your very own pokedex. I'll also pitch in 5 poke balls for you." said professor Oak. "Thanks professor." I said.

"Come out Charmander!" I threw her poke ball up in the air and a Pokemon appear, "Charr~" I kneel down to pet Charmander, "Nice to meet you Charmander, my name is Evelyn. Lets be good friends." I said in a sweet voice. Charmander smile, "Charrrmander~"

"Oh I almost forgot. Evelyn, would you like to nickname your Charmander?" ask professor Oak. "No thank you," Charmander climb ontop of my head, "I'll be going now!" I ran out of the lab and went back home. I glance at Charmander ontop of my head, "You're a little heavy.."

"Charmander!" Charmander got mad.

"Mom! Mom! I got myself my very own Pokemon! ... Mom?!" Charmander climb down my head and help me search inside the house. I went up the stairs and down the stairs, but she was no where to be found. "I think she's still in Viridian city. I'll surprise her there." I said to myself. "Let's go Charmander!" Char~" She climb up to my head. I left my house.