Chapter 6-A New Bond

After beating the gym leader, I went to the Pokemon center to heal Charmander. I have to stay overnight in the Pokemon center because I have no where else to sleep.

It was night and I heard a ruckus at the front desk of the Pokemon center. I went out of bed. I took Charmander out of her poke ball for light. We slowly walk to check out whats happening.

There was people running in and out of the Pokemon center. Nurse Joy was in a rush caring for all the injured Pokemon that came in. A person saw me, "Sorry for making a rukus, but if you're free, help take these Pokemon in the trucks inside the Pokemon center!" "O-ok?!" I ran outside the Pokemon center. There were three trucks. They have very few Pokemon left. There was one truck that has a closed trunk. I glance through the truck's window and saw a Pokemon. I asked a person who came outside, "What about these Pokemon in this truck?" I ask. "Forget about them. We manage to bring them here but they won't get out of the truck. They're abandon Pokemon we found." explain the guy.

"Abandon?" I glance back at the window, "I can see them shivering... They need help too." I tried to open the trunk but it was locked,"It's time for a rescue mission Charmander!"
"Char! Charmander!" She attack the trunk and it busted open. I can see the Pokemon clearly now. It was a Bulbasaur and a Squirtle cuddling together. I went inside the trunk, "It's alright guys.. You're going to be safe." Squirtle was aggressively growing at me. Bulbasaur was growly at me weakly. The bulb on it's back wasn't healthy. "Bulbasaur needs to go to the Pokemon center! Please Squirtle!"

Squirtle look at Bulbasaur hesitating what to do. Bulbasaur nodded to Squirtle. Bulbasaur's vine came out and Squirtle grab a hold of it. They walk slowly to me. I gently grab them under my arms, "Let's go Charmander!" "Char!" The trucks left; even the one Charmander destroy using METAL CLAW.

We went inside the Pokemon center, "Nurse Joy! Nurse Joy?! This Bulbasaur needs your help!" A Chansey came out of the emergency room with a moving seat. I drop Squirtle and Bulbasaur on it, "Chansey~ Chansey~ "
Chansey went back to the emergency room with Bulbasaur and Squirtle.

"Let's wait for them here Charmander." I said. "Charr..." We sat down on the bench for a few hours, then Nurse Joy came out of the emergency room with Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

"Thank you for waiting. Your Squirtle and Bulbasaur is now feeling a lot better." said nurse Joy. "Thank you nurse Joy... By the way, how is the other Pokemon?" I ask. "They're still being treated right now." "What had happened to them nurse Joy?" "I'm not sure about it either. I heard a wild pokemon did this to them." After chatting with nurse Joy, I was with Squirtle and Bulbasaur.

I told them that they will be on their own after I leave Pewter city. "Bulba! Bulba! Bulbasaur?!" "Squirt! Squirtle!" They were being noisy for some reason.

I was thinking for a few seconds then blurt out,"Do you guys want to travel with me?" I ask. Bulbasaur nodded then Squirtle. "Are you sure? Ok then... Go poke ball!" I took out two empty poke balls and three it at them. The poke ball instantly move three times. I went ahead and grab the poke balls from the ground, "Charmander, you just got two new friends." I said.
Charmander smiled.

"Hey Ash! Wait up!"
"I'm going to beat the Pewter city gym leader if it's the last thing I'll do!"

"Wait... Isn't that..." Charmander hide between my legs peeking through between my legs.