Epilogue

(If you have not read chapters 4 and 5 of Book 1 Frozen Sound then please read up to that point before reading this chapter to avoid spoilers)

(RiverClan 3 days later)

Flutterpaw and Mosspaw had left RiverClan's camp and were running to play Cone Toss. Flutterpaw had promised him she'd teach him how to play in preparation for the next Gathering. The only thing she needed was a pine cone. The two apprentices arrived to the lone tree, and about a couple dozen tail lengths was the ShadowClan border. 

Flutterpaw saw the border and smiled, "At least I can get a pinecone for when I meet Timberpaw tonight. I just have to be careful not to get caught crossing the border during our night hunting training session," she thought. The night was new moon and it was when she would sneak over to SkyClan's border and visit Timberpaw. She had promised him at the last Gathering she would visit him, especially after hearing that his brother Leafpaw and his mother Moonclaw had recently died. "I'm sure he really needs a pick me up, and a friend. I'll be there for him," she thought determinedly. Nothing was going to stop her from seeing her friend Timberpaw tonight.

The silver and white apprentice turned to see Mosspaw standing there and she smiled and instructed, "Stay here Mosspaw. I gotta sneak over the ShadowClan border in order for me to get a pinecone!" 

Mosspaw flattened his ears, "I wouldn't. If you got caught for one you'd for sure get in trouble and it could cause problems with ShadowClan. We already are having issues on the WindClan border so maybe instead of a pinecone we practice form or with a rock or heck even explaining the game rules?"

 Flutterpaw purred, "You're right. It'd be mouse brained of me to go in broad daylight. I might as well see if there's an opportunity for me to snatch one tonight while we are doing our night hunting." She silently thought to herself, "Rats! That gives me less time to be there for Timberpaw. Hopefully I can find one quickly tonight!"

 "I suppose I can't stop you then," Mosspaw purred, "You truly are incredible," he said under his breath. 

Flutterpaw froze as she blushed, "Ok play it cool Flutterpaw, play it cool," she thought as she took a deep breath and put on her silly Flutterpaw mask. She leaned in and pressed her forehead to his and whispered, "Aww thanks! You're really incredible too." 

Mosspaw flustered jumped back, "Ahh you heard that I mean you are and um so the ice is looking pretty solid now huh?" 

They both proceeded to laugh from the moment. Flutterpaw gazed at him with loving eyes. She always thought his laugh was adorable. She wanted to remember this moment so she then took a scruff of her fur and set it underneath one of the pebbles on the lakeshore. She bent down to sniff the lake shore. "Yeah it's pretty solid after all the intense snow storms we've been getting for this last half moon. We could even step on it if you'd like?" Flutterpaw didn't give Mosspaw a second to respond before she stepped onto the ice.

Flutterpaw was sliding on the ice her head up high enjoying the crisp cold breeze that ruffled her fur blowing off some patches she dug at earlier. She was laughing, smiling, and fully engulfed in this moment. "This is so much fun! I love this," Flutterpaw thought, smiling with glee. She spun around on the ice, "Where's Mosspaw at? He's missing all the fun!"

She saw the brown tabby apprentice sitting on the lakeshore watching her from afar. Flutterpaw called out to him as she slid by him, "Well come on Mosspaw! Come join me!"

Mosspaw smiled and cautiously took his first step onto the ice. Both of them slid on the ice together both in rhythm and like they've done this their entire lives. They both locked eyes and stared into their green abysses as they drifted apart on the ice. Flutterpaw felt her heart pounding as she gazed into his green eyes, "He's so incredible. One day I'll tell him. I'll tell him I love him," she thought. Despite the cold winter day chilling her pelt, all she felt was warmth from love. She couldn't help, but start laughing and Mosspaw joined her. Being on the ice was so much fun!