╰►Protected From The Paranormal

Paring: Nate Hardy x Gn!Reader
Summary: Nate is a protective boyfriend and worries about the reader while at the Sallie House with Sam, Colby, and Seth.
⊱ ────────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───────── ⊰
We're all upstairs in Sallie's room talking when you all hear a noise in the hallway making me jump. Even though he was startled nate protectively wraps his arms around out and ask me "are you okay?". I rarely go to haunted places with the boys because nate being the protective boyfriend he is wouldn't let me. I manage to convince him to let me go this time because I knew a lot about the Sallie House.

I nod and tell him I am as I move closer to his side feeling safe in his arms. I followed Colby, Seth, and Nate to the next room while Sam went downstairs. That was until Sam yelled for all of us to come downstairs. Sam was freaking out because the 8 ball that was in Sallie's room was now at the bottom of the stairs and none of us knew how it got there.

I found it a little funny that Nate was blaming Sam even though they have been friends since they were 14. Little did we know that it was actually Seth's fault. He accidentally kicked it when he jumped at a noise.

It was decided that the 8 ball would be used while someone was under(doing the Estes Method). Sam went first. While Seth and Colby were asking questions Nate was talking to me and checking up on me. "Are you sure you're okay? We can go outside if you need. I can take you home" I smiled finding it sweet how worried Nate was about me.

"Nate, love I'm positive I'm okay. Just a little startled. If anything changes I'll tell you immediately, okay?" Nate relaxed a little "okay I just want to make sure my baby is okay". me and nate stop talking after that and focused on the investigation. After doing the Estes method for a bit we agreed on going downstairs to the dining room.

Apparently, Sam and Colby had something planned, it was probably going to be interesting, to say the least knowing them. Turns out they wanted to throw Sallie a birthday party and even got a cake. Nate immediately said no because they didn't know what this would cause and he was worried about how it would affect me. He'd already refused to let me go in the basement with Sam and Colby.

Eventually, Sam and Colby talked him into doing it and letting you do it. "I'm questioning my life choices. I'm about to throw a birthday party for a demon child" Seth said causing us all to laugh. Nate had me sit on his lap so he could protect me if needed. Truthfully I think he wanted some comfort.

While singing happy birthday, we hear a loud bang and all quickly run over to the stairs and see that once again the 8 ball is at the bottom but this time we knew none of us did it so the only thing that could have done it was a spirit. While Sam, Colby, and Seth were talking I ran out of the house genuinely scared. Nate immediately followed, wanting to know what was wrong and if I were okay.

Once Nate had caught up he immediately wrapped his arms around me protectively while rubbing my back. "Why did you run out? Are you okay?" He asked. I could hear the worry in his voice. "The 8 ball coming down the stairs scared me. I'm scared but I'm okay." He kissed the top of my head

"Let's head back to the house and finish up and we can go home okay?" I nod and walk back to find Sam, Colby, and Seth coming towards us asking if I'm okay which I tell them I am. They could tell differently by how protectively Nate was holding me but they didn't question it.

We agreed to pack up and leave. Nate stayed by my side and wouldn't let me out of his sight. I found it really comforting. Once we got home we went to our shared bedroom and cuddled. I was still startled by what happened but felt better and safe in Nate's arms and he could tell. "Thank you for protecting me" I told him. "You don't need to thank me love. I rather you be safe and okay than anything else".
⊱ ────────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───────── ⊰

Have fun, have a good day/nice, and take care of yourself, you are important. Peace - Lunarッ