Shadows

Two cloaked figures took the steps towards the big doors of the dragonstone castle "I demand to speak to the Princes Rhaenyra" One spoke. A hood covering most of his head. The two guards looked at each other and back to the two hooded figures standing in front of them One longer than the other but together they stood.

"And who are you to demand to speak with the princess at this hour of the night?" One of the guards shot back. It was indeed the middle of the night, and the castle of Dragonstone was silent as its occupants slept.

The hooded figure lifts his head and looks at the guard "Because we bear news from the King" He spoke as they both softly lift their hoods revealing the Prince Aegon and Aemond. Both soaked from the rain, but the guards knew, they knew it was urgent if the two of them stood in front of them.

The clatter of boots was heard as the two princes were led to the council room by an arsenal of guards.

Aemond looked over at Aegon "Do you really think this is a good idea brother" he spoke stoically. His hands folded behind his back facing the fire. Aegon sighed "I know what I heard" he answered.

The door swung open and storming in came Prince Daemon, dark sister in hand and ready to slash the two princes head clean off. Behind him was Princess Rhaenyra. "Uncle... sister" Aemond spoke as he turned to face them.

"What is the meaning of this!?" Daemon yelled stepping closer to Aemond and Aegon.

"Daemon" Rhaenyra spoke as she lay a hand on his shoulder stepping aside him and facing her brothers. She turned her head towards her husband who lowered his sword and stepped aside for Rhaenyra. "You demanded to speak with me.... Speak" she said on a low tone.

Aegon scraped his throat "The King is dead" he said almost in a whisper. Rhaenyra's face turned to stone but her eyes watered.

"And in the morning, they are going to crown me king..." He said looking directly at his half-sister.

"Fucking Highwhore and her cunt of a dad orchestrated this didn't they?!" Daemon spat.

Aemond furrowed his eyebrow and wanted to take a step forward, but Aegon held out his hand for him to stop.

"They are planning to usurp the throne" Rhaenyra breathed. She sank down on the chair behind her. Aegon took a step forward and looked down at his sister.

"They do... and if I hadn't heard and seen what I did when they thought I was drunk they would have succeeded..." He spoke and turned his head to his brother "I have no wish to rule... no taste for duty... you have" He continued.

"They would rather crown the child prince Jaehaerys if Aegon and I are nowhere to be found than you..." Aemond spoke from the side.

Daemon laid a hand on Rhaenyra's shoulder as he locked eyes with Aegon,

"If we wish for all this not to happen, we must leave for Kings Landing sooner than later...." Aegon spoke as he took a knee before Rhaenyra "My Queen" He whispered bowing his head.

"Aegon I- "Rhaenyra said a tear falling from her eye she quickly wiped away with the sleeve of her night shift. She abruptly stood and turned to Daemon "We leave in an hour.... Everyone and all the dragons" She spoke making her way out of the room and disappearing in the darkness of the halls of Dragonstone.

Daemon turned to the two princes "You two know what you have just unleashed right?" he asked switching looking to both princes. "

Aegon looked at Aemond as he sighed "A war was on the horizon anyway Uncle" he said taking a standing next to Aegon as he heard shuffling coming from the dark hallway