chapter3

I sat on the sidelines the smell of freshly cut grass in my nose, watching my teammates.

The past two sessions had gone well. I hadn't had to go off part way through and had only needed to take a few breaks. Yes getting up early and then having too much time in the mornings after my shower was frustrating and grating but I'd started doing some pushups and situps to create whatever sense of productivity I could.

I  stretched out my leg in front of me pointing the toe and twisting my angle gently,Then looked up to watch Mirabelles lithe form sprinting at the goal ball at her feet.

Jessi made to tackle her but she danced out of her way, muscles in her legs shifting, pivoting and twirling out the way  to a rythym only she could hear. I got to my feet shaking my head as I ran back on the pitch straight at her . Jessi was after her but there was no way she was going to get there in time .I fullout sprinted blood pumping with the feral competition I loved so much.

She was 15 metres off the goal line when I intercepted her .She spun away from my tackle but I mirrored her movement for movement though mine weren't as smoothly executed as hers.We stayed there a while feinting and spinning as elegantly as any dance.Then she left her left side open the ball beckoning me to lunge for it. I slid forward easily tackling the ball off her and sending it flying towards a waiting Jessi. If my ankle hadn't been busted up I would've been fine but I couldn't catch myself and stumbled forward sending us both tumbling.

Before I knew what was happening I laying ontop of Mirabelle my face meer inches from her face.Every inch of us was pressed together and I was hyperaware of it all.I could feel her hipbone digging into my thigh.We were so close I could smell her sweat filling my nostrils and hear her tiny pants from our previous excursion.I on the other hand couldn't remember how to breathe and my heart felt like it was beating offbeat. All I could do was stare into her reddened face so close I could almost feel her hot breathe on my skin.No doubt I looked just as much like a deer in the headlights as she did.The her expression faded in an instant and she was smirking up at me.

"Are you going to get up or......"

I sprang off her blushing hard . Offering her a hand to get up which she ignored and I quickly tucked behind my back.

"I'm sorry."I managed to cough out.

She brushed of her knees.

"You are so red."I blushed even harder and glared.Mirabelle let out a laugh and it didn't sound like angels singing or bells ringing it was ugly and snorting but it was somehow so much better.Then I remembered she was laughing at me and just turned an even darker shade of red.Which was honestly impressive.

"You know what I'm not sorry. your an ass."I spat out stomping away.

"Aw I'm sorry I didn't mean to embarrass you princess."She called after me still cackling.I flipped her the bird and she started roaring with laughter.

"Devin."Came coaches warning voice.

"Sorry coach."I chimed her way and made my way back over to where Zoe had just scored a goal.

~time skip to changing rooms~

"Devon what happened you seemed kind of off after you came back on ."

"Mirabelle was being an ass as usual,"I replied aggressively taking off my shirt.

Zoe and Emma gave each other a look.

"What ?"I asked.

"nothing."Emma chimed.

"What did she do this time anyway."

"Well I fell on her."I could still smell her .The tips of my ears started to colour.I sighed.

"It doesn't matter."

They gave each other slightly more subtle looks this time but I still noticed.Choosing to ignore it I carried on getting aggressively changed and was out on record time.