15

300 reads! Damn! Also 15 chapters is a pretty big achievement, ive tried writing books before, they never got to this much [if ink and paraffin got this many reads i would update it, i just have no motivation since noones reading that shit]

Tarian and Neteyam giggled into eachothers mouths, the shy feeling of kissing long gone.

They had no idea how much time had passed. The sun was low in the sky, however the star didnt matter to them, all that mattered is hands roaming each others bodies. They head the waves crashing onto the sand, the sounds of ilu's returning, wait.. Returning? Tarian pulled away, Neteyam whining slightly,slotting his head onto Tarians shoulder.

"'Teyam, listen."

"Wha?" Neteyam looked around, his ears moving up and down, trying to locate whatever noise Tarian had heard. Then he hear it, Aonung. They got up, pulling apart from each other.

They walked near a wall of stone, hearing the voice of Aonung just beyond.

"I cant believe he fell for that! That skxawng!" That made their ears prop up slightly.

"Yeah, but, Aonung, what if he dies? Hes just a forest freak, he doesn't know the sea.."

Neteyams nose scrunched, eyes filling with fury, he went to take a step forward, stopepd by Tarians hand, he signed, which he had been learning from Tsireya.

"Lets listen more" Neteyam nodded at that.

"It'll be fine, that akula probably ate him by now" they looked over the wall, seeing Aonungs smug face, 4 ilu's one without a rider. Neteyam saw red, strutting towards Aonung, who has now spotted them, his eyes wide, stance nervous. Neteyam grabbed his ear, pulling it.

"What did you do to Lo'ak?!" Aonung started stumbling over his words, looking towards his friends for back up, but they ran off. Tarian grabbed the back of his neck.

"O-ok! Ok! We led him past the reef, we left him there." Tarians grit his teeth, grabbing harder, his bionic arm's strong grip making Aonung yelp. Tarian let Neteyam take the lead, his grip less intense but still painful, Tarian was walking in front of them like an angry bodyguard, the 3 boys strutted to the Sully marui, the walk over people looked at them weirdly, but for every look off oddness Tarian glared back at the people with a glare that could make the hardest military men crumble. They walked up to the entrance, seeing Jake having a nice conversation with Kiri. They dragged Aonung in front of them, Jake looking up, bracing himself.

"Tell him what you told me!" Neteyam snarled, pushing Aonung forward.

The search for Lo'ak was intense, in which Tarian had included himself in. He didnt want to sit and do nothing, so despite warnings that the outside of the reef was dangerous, he pushed forward, and begged, kissed ass till they let him, good lord he kissed ass like he had never kissed ass before, and he was good at it too. god the things he would do for Lo'ak, he was like a little brother at this point.

The sea air whipped at his face has he swam on the surface with Ska, looking for any indicator of a teenage boy. At Least something, a patch of blood with a dreary Lo'ak floating would be enough, so much that he doesn't have to belief he fell victim to the jaws of an Akula. He kept on yelling this his throat was sore, only one word resting on his tongue, the name of the boy tha had grown to be like a little brother to him, Lo'ak. There were barely any other warriors around, they had spread out in an attempt to make the search easier, but the cold dark emptiness made Tarian spiral, the pain he had forgotten his body was capable of producing, budding at the surface of his skin, the phantom pains he felt in the mound of metal holding onto Ska. No. not now. He shook it off, the tingles in his spine running up to his spinal cord and to his neck spreading out into his body. He looked around, diving underwater for a better vantage point. For some reason his eyes were like meant for this, instead of stinging at the acidic sea's of pandora they felt like a film had spread over them, preventing any harm to his lab grown corneas. Suddenly he saw a shadow in the distance, a boy.. Standing atop something.

"Lo'ak!" He yelled again, seeing the boy jump into the water waving to the mound he was standing on..weird.

"Lo'ak! Bro!" He yelled, ska accelerating to catch up with him. He swam near the boy, who was looking at him now, eyes filled with wonder.

"Need a ride man?" He stretched his non metal arm out, the boy smiling and grabbing it, using it as a lever to climb atop Ska.

"So..?" He inquired, obviously about the mystery mound he had.. Waved to.

"No." Said Lo'ak, shutting down any possibility of conversation.

"Do you want to go fast? You might get knocked off tho" Tarian said, the last part barely a mutter.

"Hell yeah cuz!" Tarian snorted.

"Hyah!" and Ska was off, blasting water into Lo'ak's mouth, making lo'ak's grip on Tarians stomach so rough that is left angry red nail marks on his stomach, Tarian reached a hand to his stomach, lightly slapping Lo'aks hand. The orange fins of Ska slightly popping out as he wanted to swim up and shake this boy off.

"Cut it out man! You'll frighten Ska." He said as they breached the water, no longer swimming as fast, floating in the water, but still going fast enough to see the lights of the clan, the search efforts spread through the sea, Tarian cupped his hands over his mouth.

"I got the boy!"

This caught the attention of a few people, who sighed in relief, some from actual relief, that a child hasn't died in the hands of the sea, some, glad that they can finally go home, and some, like Aonung and Tonowari, looked purely relieved, as Aonung wouldn't be getting an old school whooping, getting named a kinslayer. And Tonowari wouldn't have to deal with a death at the hands of his firstborn and chief to be.

They raced to the shore, Lo'ak stepping off first onto the netting, Tarian following him, landing a bit more gracefully, disconnecting from ska, sending him off with a nice pat to the head, looking dumb petting the aggressive creature, who despite its reputation grumbled happily.

"He is okay- Thank you Tarian- he is okay just a few scratches." Jake stepped to him first, Neytiri following.

"I pray Eywa would give me strength to not claw out the eyes of my youngest son" She said, making a clawing motion with her hands, Lo'ak bending his head back.

Tarian looked for Neteyam in the crowd, finally finding him, sending him a small smile, standing behind Lo'ak.

"No, my son should've known better then to take him out of the reef, the fault is his"

Said Tonowari. At which Loak frowned, getting that look on his face, which he had whenever he did something really stupid.

"No, its not Aonung's fault, it was my idea, he tried to talk me out of it."

Jake sighed, frowning.

"Come on" He took Lo'ak by the shoulder, gesturing to Tonowari something Tarian couldn't quite comprehend. They walked to the marui in silence.

...

"Is that true?" Asked Jake, his hands on Lo'aks shoulders. Lo'ak nodded.

"What were you thinking?"

"You said it yourself to make friends with them"

"I don't wanna hear it, you brought shame to this family"

"Can i leave now?" Lo'ak asked, Tarian observing this conversation from his laying position on a marui wall, sharpening his knives.

Jake nodded.

"Leave, next time, i'll tie a knot in your tail, understood?" Jake turned to Neteyam.

"Where were you? What happened to keeping an eye on your brother?" Neteyam looked dawn, Tarian's ears propping up, he looked at Neteyam and smiled, slightly, pulling his attention back to the dagger in hand, the very same one he had stabbed Quaritch with.

It looked like a karambit, in the way that it had a circular handle with an empty biddle, making it easy to grab and spin, the blade itself was straight, but not too long by navi standards, easy to hide in bandages, Tarian smirked at the memory, leaning back into his arms, trying to get a blink of rest.