Epilogue

Its been a while since the last proper chapter.

Tarian lay on the moss for hours, perhaps years, unaging, the calm breeze's of the first lulling him into a calm state, Neteyam lay at his side, both boys still appearing the same age as they were when death dared claim their souls.

Years had passed, they knew cause whenever they were visited, they were met with older and older relatives, Lo'ak used to come by daily, he was in denial, much like both boys used to be, he would spend unhealthy hours connected to the tree, speaking to them as both boys tried bringing him solace, giving him hope to start a new life without either of them.

Over time the visits became fewer, the last one being a few months ago, he was older then they were, how dare he, said Neteyam in a joking manner when Lo'ak said goodbye, how dare his little skxawng ass brother outage him? Tarians dog tags still hung around his neck, making Tarian fill with a warmth he didn't think he knew before he met the Sully's. However now they hung tighter then they ever did on Tarian, Lo'ak's frame now aged, around 20, at least thats what they gathered from when Jake visited, his face now wrinkled with age and experience, the Metkayina life perhaps fully ingrained in their minds, a tattoo stood stark on Lo'ak's face, the similarities to an earth culture called the Maori striking as it resembled Tā moko. Lo'ak told them of how he and Tsireya had mated, both boys pulling a funny yet immature face at each other, making Lo'ak groan.

But now, now they were alone, yes of course they were visited by relatives, Mo'at would visit Neteyam occasionally, and of course Neteyam was always with Tarian, Alabaster coming and going at random. But everyone had grieved enough, they were healing, and at some point you have to let them go, it was now their turn to grieve, they had died, and their relatives had become dependent on the tree of souls to visit the ones they missed and yearned for so badly, but they had healed, accepted that they were gone, now only visiting occasionally, to not forget they boys' faces, stuck in unaging suspension in the realm of Eywa.

Tarian had gotten used to death, a silly concept, back on earth everyone had ideas on what happens after death, perhaps a younger Tarian would rejoice at the prospect that it might be dark, akin to the feeling of being carried away from the world you knew, everyone you knew personally fading, their voices forgotten, wiped from your mind, but now Tarian broke at even the slightest issue when remembering his friends, how Tuk must've grown, Kiri hadn't visited them, not since years ago when Jake forbid it.

Neteyams company sufficed him enough to survive, both boys comforting each other, telling each other "perhaps" tales of what their lives would have looked like had they not been killed that one fateful day.

Even Felix had healed, he visited them once, only once, had Tarian known it was possible he would have raced into his 'fathers' arms the day he died but Felix was different, he was happy, when he saw Tarian, sure flashes of happiness glossed his eyes over, but beneath the glee was him holding himself back, maybe Felix associated him with the worst parts of his life, he didn't know, what he did know was Felix asked to be left to his devices and they did.

Eywa's presence was overwhelming, like a soothing song which you couldn't hear but you felt, like it warmed your body as in passed through every atom of your being, comforting each cell that made up you.

Tarian and Neteyams loneliness was sufficed when they met the Omaticaya clan, the part of it that had either died during the great battle, or which had just passed and stayed in the forest, home tree still standing tall, bringing awe to Tarian, they had met Eytukan, Neteyams grandfather, who was suspicious of him at first but grew to accept him, and Tsu'tey, who didn't trust him for a while, not one did until Tarian told him of his encounter with Kreyp, god, Kreyp, how he missed her, he didn't get to bond with her much to his dismay, he wished to know how she was doing so much, however now, he stood in the forest, palm clinging onto the wisteria like hanging leaves of a tree he sat under, he leaned back, his head hitting the bark, bushes rustled, perhaps it was Neteyam, coming to find him and drag him to hometree, no.

It was Jake, looking at him through gaps in the trees, Tarian sighed, grabbing his braid from behind him with his good hand and draping in across his torso, dragging in a breath, unpolluted he sung a tune under his breath.

Nebelauki manęs, roughly translated to, dont wait for me, an old song Felix had introduced him to.

Nebelauki manęs, nebelauki daugiau, mylimoji [Dont wait for me, wait no more, my love]

Jau ne man šilas oš ir pavasarį paukščiai dainuos [No more will the pine forests swish and the birds sing for me]

Mano dienos naktis, mano naktys dienas prarymojo [My days nights, my nights calmed the days]

Mano saulė tamsybės nuskendo šešėliuos liūdnuos [My sun drowned in the dark of the sorrowful dark]

As he sang his good hand racked through leaves, looking up to directly meet Jake's eyes, knowing that this was an exact replica of something that happened few days after he joined the Omaticaya, often running to the forest to relax, Jake growing suspicious, he remembered his eyes watching him as foreign words escaped his lips, at first the gaze burned, but now it simmered with tears sprinkled atop, as Jake stepped forward, Tarian stopped singing.

In the original memory Jake said 'Who taught you that?' but now Jake just waved at him, stepping into the clearing, the wisteria casting shadows on both their faces.

"Hi" Jake uttered, sitting down infront of Tarian.

"Hi, Jake" Tarian smiled, making Jake's eyes widen slightly, more tears gathering in his aged eyes.

"Its been a while"

Jake lowered his head at that.

"Im ok, Neteyam is also ok, Tsu'tey is with us, you are healing, never feel bad for healing, i would not wish upon my greatest enemy to constantly wrestle with grief, how is Tuk?"

Jake's face brightened at that slightly.

"She is ok, your age" Tarian tried his best to hide surprise at that, everyone he knew now surpassing him in age.

"How is Neteyam?"

"Good."

Tarian said, Jake would most likely go see him after, neither mentioned Kiri, it being a sore subject, nor did they talk, both sitting in comforting silence as both relaxed, seeing their loved ones which they cold no longer live with, one separated by death, the other by life.

They only spent an hour like this, Jake standing up, tears now almost spilling, he placed a comforting hand on Tarians shoulder, fatherly, as he walked back into the trees, Tarian understood that it meant he had disconnected from the tree.

Jake swam up from the tree with a sad face, Neytiri next to him, some things the boys would never know, Quaritch's return, the ongoing fight with humans, cause both looked happy, despite the grief it wracked them, they both appeared happier walking among Eywa, the weight of war no longer laying on others shoulders.

They were finally happy, the project for prevention of war, in other words project tiftanglen finished, unsuccessful, but finished, and that was enough to soothe their souls.

Im so sad that this is officially the end, omg, i love you guys, i really do, there will be another book in the future.

I thank you all so much for reading and with a weight in my heart say that this is the final chapter update for project tiftanglen apart from a'n's and achievements.

i wish you all luck and hope you guys enjoyed readng this book as much as i enjoyed writting it