Chapter 2

He wanted to stop her from going. John clenched his fists tight, closing his eyes. Theodora turned around and said, "ooh, I almost forgot. Here, take your jacket. I don't need your pity John. I hope we will never see each other again." She placed the jacket in his arms.

With her shivering feet she stepped away. John glanced at her movement. A smile flashed on his face. "You're still so fragile."

"You exaggerate. Whether I'm okay or not, it's none of your concern." The cool wind swept across her bare shoulders.

"Yes, I did a terrible thing that day. But each day I'm sorry about it." John said.

Theodora smirked, "you? Feeling sorry? I wanted to laugh. Making my life miserable at school was your entertainment. No one suspected you. How can they? He is the teacher's pet."

John listened to her words patiently.  Theodora said, "I will never forgive you. No matter how much you are sorry. If you have nothing to say I leave."

Suddenly she felt a warmth on her wrist. He was holding her arm. "Let go." She ordered.

John leaned closer and asked. "Who is the narcissist? Can you tell that while looking me in the eye?"

Theodora was taken aback. She felt her heart was beating very fast. "Let go of my hand, John." She said it again.

"You need to calm down. Yes, I did made you sad. It was my ignorance to cause you pain. But don't say that you hate me again. Don't." His eyebrows furrowed. There was something beyond that which was reflected in his eyes.

"Stop that's enough." She let go of his grip on her arm and tried to leave. The bitter cold on her bare feet made her walking worse. She took off the heels because her feet was hurting.

Before she was entering into the maze, her head felt heavy. She shook her head. It felt like spinning as she lost consciousness. John came into running and hold her in his arms. He glanced at her face for a while, "I'm sorry 😔"

John then carried her in his arms and gently placed her in the front seat of his car, warmed her with his jacket. Quickly he drove to the hospital in time and admitted her. "She was being dehydrated which lost her consciousness." He said to the emergency care doctor.

The doctor then pressed her wrist to check her pulse and checked her heartbeat. "Doctor, she is fine. Let her stay in the hospital for a day. Contact any people she knows let them also be aware of it."

John nodded. He then reminsced about the time when they were in school.

*2014, June.*

The warm summer made New York City like a desert. And of course it's the summer vacation period for schools. The children were playing in the park and along with the elders. While playing football near his home John noticed a black Volkswagen passing through his neighbourhood. Thomas called out, "John, you're coming?"

"Wait... I think it's passing through my neighbourhood. I'll be back, Thomas." John tossed the football to Thomas and ran towards his home.

Mrs Roberts was standing outside their home watching. "Look, I think it's the new neighbours." She nodded while looking towards that side.

"I didn't know that the house was going to be occupied." He shrugged. The car stopped and people were stepping out of it. A middle aged man who has a menacing aura stepped out first. At first glance he understood that this man is very strict. Then his wife along with two children who are twins. A boy and a girl who is two inches shorter than him.

She is pretty. Who is the owner of beautiful greyish blue eyes wearing a blue dress matching the color of her eyes. "Anne, pick up your things." Her mother said.