Chapter 5

"Thanks for the lift. I ... I should go." She said and opened the door.

"Hey, umm....you will come for the reunion party right?" He asked.

"Yeah?" She nodded. "Well, I'll see you later, John. Have a safe ride."

John smiled. "Bye Theodora." He then started the engine and the car drove off. A cool breeze swept across her hair.

She was about to go inside her apartment and something was not right. One drunkard from next door approached her in a bad way. "hey beauty, I didn't see you today."

"Fuck off, you brute." Theodora sweared at him.

The guy chugged down his beer  and said, "what did you call me, you bitch?" He was about to slap her but then suddenly a guy came and punched the drunkard's face knocking him unconscious. "Are you okay?"

"Yes... Thank you."

"I'm Friedrich Blumhagen."

"Theodora." She shook hands with him. He is very tall and handsome with blond hair and blue eyes. Friedrich nodded with a smile. "Let's report this scumbag to the police otherwise he'll bother you again."

Theodora called the police and complained about the drunkard and his emotional abuses about her. She was planning to vacate her apartment soon. The drunkard was arrested by the police.

"I haven't thanked you properly. Would you like some tea?"

Friedrich smiled, "yes please."

They went inside the apartment. It was very simple and elegant. Friedrich was impressed with the cozy interiors of the apartment. Most importantly the balcony which faces the sky scrapers.

"Nice apartment. Surely I couldn't get acquainted with the neighbours. I moved in recently. But who knew the first day in the evening I saw that scumbag who tried to harass you, Miss Theodora."

Theodora smiled awkwardly. "Hard times of being a tenant. I've been living here for almost two years. Planning to move soon. I need a change of ambience."

She handed the tea to Friedrich, "and this is for my mysterious saviour. Wait,  your accent, it's not American."

Friedrich smiled, "yeah, I'm from Germany. Moved here as part of University studies."

"Oh, my friend is in Germany. which one?"

"Hofstra ...  In English."

She smiled. "Well, I should go for a shower."

"Ooh yeah. Nice meeting you, Theodora." He handed the empty mug to her and left the apartment. As per plan she thought about which place she wants to move. She postponed the plan up to Saturday as she had to attend the reunion party.

*Munich, Germany*

"Mr. Barkley, should I alter any changes in the article?" The young budding journalist asked.

He is a man having beautiful curled locks and blue eyes. The girl looked at the man bashfully. "Well..." His velvet voice made her shudder.

"Yes, of course, Susan. Rephrase the sentences. The fluency is not right. We're publishing for The Times. You have to be professional." He smiled. "As you are a freshman I make an exception for you."

"Thank you Mr. Barkley." The girl smiled and left his cabin. He is Lawrence Barkley. The heartthrob of girls in The Times newspaper company and also Theodora's friend. While going through his WhatsApp he saw a message from Yoke.

Hi, Lawrence .... Didn't hear from you for so long. There is a reunion party of our high school batch held this Saturday. We are coming. Will you come? Theo and I miss you a lot and our friendship.