Chapter 3

Theodora wakes up after the deep slumber in the hospital. She blinked her eyes in disbelief. "Miss Avery, you're awake. Is everything alright?" The nurse asked.

"What happened to me? Who brought me here?"

"Ummm, you fainted due to dehydration. The doctor advised you to drink more water." The nurse replied and gave her a glass of water.

"Who brought me here?" She asked.

"Dr. John." The nurse replied and noticed her face changed into a grimace.

"That brat." She murmured. The nurse left her alone with a grin and Theo took out her phone. She called her best friend Yoke. "Chamomile, I'm in the hospital. Come quick."

Yoke is her best friend she made from school and now someone who could rely upon after she left home to live independent.

When Yoke heard the news she came into running with a worry. Within 10 minutes of driving she reached the hospital and saw Theo sitting on the bed. "Hey what happened?"

"Dehydration striked again. Yesterday I fainted and...." She paused and didn't want to tell her that she met John.

"And...."

Theodora punched the mattress and said, "hmph I met that brat yesterday. Still grinning at me like I'm stupid. John Roberts, that idiot."

Yoke laughed softly and reminisced about their enmity. She was a witness to their fighting. "Wow, he is back from overseas?"

Theodora clicked her tongue. "How would I know? He is a famous surgeon now. Heh.... With that temper of his the patients will get petrified. Last night I went to that gala organised by Interim corporation as I got an invitation. Who knew I met that brat there. Narcissist."

Yoke said, "Theo, leave the past. I think he has changed now. It's been 8 years. People can change."

Theodora huffed Yoke's words. She grinned and surrendered to Theodora's stubbornness. "How is Lawrence? Did he called you?"

"Aah by the way, we're planning to have a reunion. Alumni students gather at the grand hotel."

"That brat would also come. It's better not to show my face to him." She replied coldly.

Yoke rolled her eyes. "So what. Let's ignore him. But Theo, he must have been feeling bad about that day. Why don't you give him a chance? After all, he saved you yesterday right? Just convey your thanks to him."

"Saved me? Piss off." She didn't want to admit it. But she thought what if John wasn't there inside the maze?

"I don't have anything to do with him. Who is he? He is just another chapter in my life. A chapter I'm trying to forget." Theo clenched the bedsheet very hard.

Yoke felt sorry for John. She hugged Yoke. "Little chamomile, I miss your tea and chocolate cookies you make." She groaned annoyingly. Yoke laughed and patted her back. "I'll bake it once we get back. Here, have your medicine.

She swallowed the medicine and drank water and looked through the phone. An article made her shout. 'Who is the mystery girl of John Roberts?'

"What the fuck?" She screamed. "Now this shit is ruling over the internet.

Yoke got bewildered by Theodora's reaction. She looked over the phone and saw the photo of two silhouettes in the maze. "Hey wait, is that you, Theo? That dress is so familiar. You bought this Dior dress last week."

"No way. This guy is nuts. Papparazis can create gossip as they wish. Who would like that brat?"

"But the article says, he publicly announced that his girlfriend is presented in the evening. The silhouette really matches you Theo."Yoke nodded.