3 | Plan a Way Out

(A/N: I will attempt to make this chapter longer.)

"If you think that's normal, then where have you been," (Y/N) snickered, showing the first smile seen of them by Mellow, "because by all means, having a talking sign with a shit attitude as your only friend is definitely not normal."

Mellow rolled his eyes playfully, and continued to draw while he listened to (Y/N), speaking a little bit more than what they were earlier. It seemed that maybe all they needed was a smidge of positivity and less of a pessimistic, "we're doomed" mindset. Though they were both rather quiet, it seemed having discussions came fairly easy, as the two did have many things in common. That's just how it was - you have similar goals and interests, you will likely get along with that person.

Mellow giggled a bit, "It's normal in a world like this, especially when you get used to it."

"Say, how do we know that this is some other kind of world or something? How do we know we didn't just forget how reality looked and this is actually what things look like?" (Y/N) questioned, (h/c) tilting to the side along with their head.

He gently set down his drawing tool and stared at his drawing some more with (Y/N)'s question at the forefront of his mind, pondering it as much as he could to muster up an answer.

"... It's... It's off. I don't know how to describe it. Something's wrong about things. You know? It's just weird."

He was right, the overall atmosphere of everything was odd to (Y/N), with a feeling of homesickness and as if something was watching them lurking through every room. No matter how alone you could be in this house, it always felt like you were being watched. Stared at from afar, like prey. Not only that, but emotionally, there was also something off. Like as if everything had artificial emotion to it. (Y/N) shook their head and tried to snap themselves out of the thought.

"Y- Yeah. All we gotta do is find a way out. Find answers first, solve this mystery, and then find a way out. It's not easy, but it's possible." (Y/N) explained, fidgeting with their shirt in the process.

This caused the two to begin discussing their ideas and such, all relating to the goal of escape. Mellow was more talkative about it since he had paper to draw ideas on, but (Y/N) on the other hand kept their mouth mostly shut as they listened to Mellow's ideas. (Y/N) even appeared to have the loss of memory worser than Mellow's, considering Mellow still had the memory of what potential ways there were to escape the building if they had them or if he could find them. (Y/N), however, had nothing.

"Before you ask about that door in this room, it leads to a hallway and I already checked all the doors. One's a bathroom with a creepy toilet monster or something, and the other is locked." Mellow said, sketching out what the aforementioned creature looked like on a sheet of paper, having a long body and a ghastly face.

"Huh. It didn't make you uncomfortable or anything?" (Y/N) muttered.

"Eh, like if I know. All I remember is it asking for a password of some sorts. To go on an ' adventure '."

(Y/N)'s already apprehensive expression shifted into one of pure concern for Mellow, not liking the sound of what that could mean. An ' adventure '? Through where? This cramped, oddly designed house? There was no way, that was like asking for death at this point. Mellow was their only shot at getting out of here - and having a little company - so what good would it have done if Mellow were to turn up dead? (Y/N) shivered at the idea.

"Don't entertain the creature. There is nothing to quote-unquote ' adventure ' through in this household. Trust me." warned (Y/N).

"Yeah, no, I wasn't going to do anything with it anyway. Unless it's useful or necessary, we're not messing with anything."